Predator valve adjustment help

Easy way to make sure youre at TDC and not 180 degrees out: When piston is at the top and you are where you need to be to set valves both pushrods will be sitting as low as they can go on the lifters. If youre 180 degrees out one pushrod will be sticking up a bit.

I always turn it till the intake opens and closes, when it closes bring piston to the top, then your on the compression stroke

should be able to tighten up to near zero. as long as valve stays shut it should not leak . .005 or
.010 it should not gain compression via valve lash adjustment. typically they gain clearance as they warm up.
Well this is my first post but I just couldn't keep my mouth shut it happens like that sometimes gentleman's a forgive me okay. Excluding water everything else, when heated expands. So if you send me zero lash when they're cold when they heat up it'll push the valves open and you'll lose compression. The professional relief system relies on that clearance being accurate for this reason. First it only works under about 30 RPM second it can be operating perfectly but if the valve lash is too wide it it won't open the valve it only opens the valve if the clearance is correct if the book says set it on four set it on four. And every small gas engine I've ever worked on we set the valves cold. And whoever you said was getting more compression with it cold because of them setting the valves on a certain number unless it was over 30 RPM the compression relief system was working if they were spinning it over 30 RPM the next time it's going to show a different number on the compression so there's a lot of factors that are causing you to be puzzled but don't sweat it cuz very little of a really matters.

Whatever you wanna believe .
The thing is its been done this way for years in the Racing Kart World .
If .004 works on a my lawn tractor and it starts with out messin with it .
I am a Happy Camper .

Well this is my first post but I just couldn't keep my mouth shut it happens like that sometimes gentleman's a forgive me okay. Excluding water everything else, when heated expands. So if you send me zero lash when they're cold when they heat up it'll push the valves open and you'll lose compression. The professional relief system relies on that clearance being accurate for this reason. First it only works under about 30 RPM second it can be operating perfectly but if the valve lash is too wide it it won't open the valve it only opens the valve if the clearance is correct if the book says set it on four set it on four. And every small gas engine I've ever worked on we set the valves cold. And whoever you said was getting more compression with it cold because of them setting the valves on a certain number unless it was over 30 RPM the compression relief system was working if they were spinning it over 30 RPM the next time it's going to show a different number on the compression so there's a lot of factors that are causing you to be puzzled but don't sweat it cuz very little of a really matters.
the aluminum expands more than the steel things become bigger not smaller valve lash will grow when hot. all moters being built today have negative valve lash (rockers are pushing on valves) and a lash is created when the engine gets hot.

Back