predator with clone parts questions

Arc Angel 18

I have a predator engine laying around doing nothing and I race in an outlaw lite type class or rwyb how ever you want to put it my question is does a clone crank work in a predator or are the measurements different? Next question are the standard pistons the same size in both motors? And last question would a pvl ignition flywheel for a clone work on a predator. The first 2 questions I could probably do the measuring myself but I was seeing if anyone knows off the top of their head. Thanks for any help.

ok...here goes:

1. the clone crank will fit in the predator (both hemi and non-hemi) but you have to use the clone rod with the predator piston....
2. the predator piston (both hemi and non-hemi) are the same size, but BIGGER than a clone piston....
3. the wrist pins of clones and predators are the same....
4. you can put a clone crank in the predator and using a clone rod with the predator piston, you will be at 208 cc's and not 212 cc's....

Do NOT use any flywheel on a predator unless it is made FOR the predator....the tapers are different between clones and predators and you run the risk of injury or catastrophic engine failure if you try and force a clone flywheel on a predator crank....get with Jody at ARC about the new flywheels for the predator, but don't listen to anyone that says different....this has been proven time and again....the clone flywheel is NOT designed to work on a predator crank....when you change the crank to a clone crank, then yes, a PVL will work....but no other way!!!

yes....the cam gearing is kind of universal...just remember too that any clone cam with work in the hemi block, but you have to have a predator specific cam for any of the other predator blocks...this is because of the journal size, not the gearing

that's one that I haven't heard of.....all my flywheels are from ARC....I've used them for hemi's and non-hemi's.....but if you say so! :) just don't make the mistake of trying to put a non-predator flywheel on a predator crank....bad for business and your health....

Back