Predator

5692F98D-14D3-4551-BE6C-420F5CE77598.png

I think imma probably just build a stock appearing. What should i go with on a predator 212 hemi
Depends on your rules. The best block to use is reinforced tilly and do 3 inch bore but that depends on your rules. Good thing about the hemi predator is it will use all the same parts internally as a clone where as a non hemi uses it own special parts.

Depends on your rules. The best block to use is reinforced tilly and do 3 inch bore but that depends on your rules. Good thing about the hemi predator is it will use all the same parts internally as a clone where as a non hemi uses it own special parts.
When you say a Hemi uses the same parts as a Clone, what size clone? Im a newbee also. These parts can get confusing.
Thanks

When you say a Hemi uses the same parts as a Clone, what size clone? Im a newbee also. These parts can get confusing.
Thanks
So the 196 which is the normal clone uses the same cam, and rod and crank and internals as the hemi predator. The non hemi predator is all on its own. I mean they all share same carb and exhaust but the clone/hemi use a different top plate than a non hemi. The hemi does use a different rocker arm set up with the different head it uses. More people can chime in with info as well.

So the 196 which is the normal clone uses the same cam, and rod and crank and internals as the hemi predator. The non hemi predator is all on its own. I mean they all share same carb and exhaust but the clone/hemi use a different top plate than a non hemi. The hemi does use a different rocker arm set up with the different head it uses. More people can chime in with info as well.

Not so. The hemi uses a bigger diameter crank and rod which rod journal is the same as the non hemi. Yes the cams will interchange. Flywheels are different. The non hemi has more interchangeable parts with the clone than the hemi.

I think imma probably just build a stock appearing. What should i go with on a predator 212 hemi

Stock appearing motors around here have stroker cranks, carbs bored to .690, big cams with roller rockers, aftermarket pistons. Getting pretty spendy.

Reactions: E33
Back