Predator

I think imma probably just build a stock appearing. What should i go with on a predator 212 hemi
Kinda late but I wouldn't build a Hemi for stock appearing. The head can be a nightmare for somebody new. If you go over 300 lift you are getting close to coil bind and may have to cut the pockets.

I’m new to all of this and I’m completely lost.

The rules you posted are "Gulfcoast Predator stock Engine Rules". They were written by Randy Schotts of Thunderbolt racing engines back in 2018. The set you have there is literally what I took and put to print using the hand written set he sent me. There are two things that need to be changed...

1. The .488 no-go is now used on all the predator carbs.
2. The Big header and muffler should read
B91-XL. I'm not sure how that typo occurred.

Those rules are accepted at Square County in Lena Ms, Greens Creek Speedway in Prentiss ms, Jackson Motorkart Speedway in Byram Ms. And Mojave Karting Complex in Sterlington LA. They are also being used in the Maximillion touring series that will be racing at Talledega Short track this weekend.

If you have any questions about the legality of any parts feel free to give me a call (601-503-3502). If your need advice on the build itself and making the best power, I'm not the one to help there. I just tear them apart and make sure they have the right parts in them.

What are your track rules? By and large Predator classes are completely stock.
I wish it was like that down this way. Predators down here are full blown builds that are $650+ and getting higher every year. BUT people want cheap budget racing at the same time. Yet, noone is willing to race anything straight out of the box. Everybody sid they wanted the Ducar 212 class ran according to Dyno Cams own rules. I bought one to have as a "known parts engine". Even said I'd buy the barcoded seals and scanner system to close em up. That was 4 months ago and I'm still the only one who has one and don't even race anymore. 🤣🤣🤣

The rules you posted are "Gulfcoast Predator stock Engine Rules". They were written by Randy Schotts of Thunderbolt racing engines back in 2018. The set you have there is literally what I took and put to print using the hand written set he sent me. There are two things that need to be changed...

1. The .488 no-go is now used on all the predator carbs.
2. The Big header and muffler should read
B91-XL. I'm not sure how that typo occurred.

Those rules are accepted at Square County in Lena Ms, Greens Creek Speedway in Prentiss ms, Jackson Motorkart Speedway in Byram Ms. And Mojave Karting Complex in Sterlington LA. They are also being used in the Maximillion touring series that will be racing at Talledega Short track this weekend.

If you have any questions about the legality of any parts feel free to give me a call (601-503-3502). If your need advice on the build itself and making the best power, I'm not the one to help there. I just tear them apart and make sure they have the right parts in them.
Couple weekends away still. Will be my first big race.

Are the specifications listed on this thread still valid for predator engines here in 2023/24? These appear to be the most complete that I’ve seen.

Back