Predator

Looking for recommendations on clutch setup for stock predator hvy weight with governor. Have a bully 2 disc 6 spring & horseman 2 disc. Thanks

Looking for recommendations on clutch setup for stock predator hvy weight with governor. Have a bully 2 disc 6 spring & horseman 2 disc. Thanks
Just be sure that the stall RPM is at peak torque. If the rpm drops when the clutch locks up, increase the low-speed jet size.

I am wondering ,
I suppose it isn't possible to know the peak torque without a dyno run ..
I'm working with almost the same set up but not sure where to set my clutches they seem so far so good but I know that might not be the best .
Thanks,

I like the bathroom scale method for determining peak torque if you don't have a dyno at your disposal.

Put a bathroom scale between the front of your kart and a strong wall. Sitting in your kart, started it, warm it up some, and floor it. (It doesn't take long, a second or two, no different than pulling on to the track full throttle, don't burn up the clutch) The clutch setting that gives you the highest reading on the bathroom scale is the best.

Between a Bully and Horstman, I'll take the Bully every time.
The durability and craftsmanship of the Bully is pretty superior to the Greased Lightening in my opinion.
Now, if both are set up correctly, then either will work.
3000-3200 sounds about right from the requests we've gotten from Predator racers.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
28 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back