Predator212 Best Bang For The Buck

Well, you'll want the rod, flywheel, and header. Also gonna need the usual stuff like the parts kit ( top plate, filter & adapter, fuel pump, etc.) cam and carb. Not much $ left after that. If you already have some of this stuff, focus on the cam, head and carb to make power.

I have spent some time on the older threads .I'm new to this. I guess a more specific question would be within my budget should I go for a .20 over rod to build compression, mill the stock head, or go to a 14cc head?
The flywheel, header , filter and other stuff are necessary but which s the best head, carb , cam combination? Thanks.

I would say the arc 14cc head is a good route and a holy Moses carb is a good choice and as far as a cam goes depends on the rules at your track and the size of your track.

This is what I have come up with.
Arc .020 rod
Arc billet flywheel
mill head .080 thin head gasket mild porting job
stock stainless valves with alum. retainers and split keepers
26 lb valve springs
black mamba cam
S/A or Holy Moses carb.
header, filter ,top plate, pump etc.

This is what I have come up with.
Arc .020 rod
Arc billet flywheel
mill head .080 thin head gasket mild porting job
stock stainless valves with alum. retainers and split keepers
26 lb valve springs
black mamba cam
S/A or Holy Moses carb.
header, filter ,top plate, pump etc.
have you taken the motor apart yet? check your piston deck height before you go ordering a .020 rod. check piston to head clearance and valve clearance before you go milling it all away. just sayin

Yeah. I need to be about .020 in the hole. I can turn down piston also. Thanks.
All added up with header,filter,gaskets, muffler, fuel pump $526. Machining extra. Not too bad.

Yeah. I need to be about .020 in the hole. I can turn down piston also. Thanks.
All added up with header,filter,gaskets, muffler, fuel pump $526. Machining extra. Not too bad.
Try too measure ur 'in-the-hole' b4 you order the rod. If you want 2b .020 'In', you might be better off w/ a 'std' or a (+).010. and try too stay w/ a single (.010) gasket. Leave urself some 'room' 4-rebuilds. Good Luck

looks like you got a good set up going!!! I would rec an .880 i.d. header or bigger... that set up will move a lot of air... wish you luck and enjoy your build man

Yeah the 60363 would have given ya a flat top piston to start with and a canted valve head with 27/25mm valves. The flat top weisco 2.756 would add another 100 or a little less.

fluke or not, the hemi head motor is good! one thing that i've "heard" is that if you take the old style predator crank and put it in the hemi head block, it almost acts like a stroker crank with the piston coming up to zero deck height...now i haven't talked to this guy down here and i'm not sure what all he's put into the motor or his measurements, but if that's the case.....well, i have a couple of the old style cranks on the shelf! i'm still looking at punching the block, adding a 2.99 wiseco/rod combo from arc and seeing where that takes me.....

Many think that the old style has more stroke but I don't think they do. After measuring the stroke on both I found the old style 730 piston sits lower in the bore than the 363 at bottom dead center but doesn't come up as far by the same amount. The 730 sits .040" "in the hole" while the Hemi is only .010". I believe the larger crank bearings and location of the 730 has moved the stroke in the bore but its not any bigger...JMO

Many think that the old style has more stroke but I don't think they do. After measuring the stroke on both I found the old style 730 piston sits lower in the bore than the 363 at bottom dead center but doesn't come up as far by the same amount. The 730 sits .040" "in the hole" while the Hemi is only .010". I believe the larger crank bearings and location of the 730 has moved the stroke in the bore but its not any bigger...JMO
Morning; Sneaks may I ask what do you mean by larger crank bearings,Did i miss something????

If that's the case, then the pin placement in the piston has too be different....what do the pistons read from the ctr of the pin to the top of the piston? (curious)

Back