Premier clutch stinger?

Should my noram premier stinger clutch on my hemi predator be free playing on the shaft or should I have it locked down it keeps wanting to throw the chain on back sprocket ?

The small amount of end play is not the problem .
Either free or tight will work .
If tight you need a radius washer on the crank or you will mushroom the drive hub snout .

Should be able to slide it back and forth don't want it locked up with the bolt is tightened down.

I had a tight spot on my newest kart when rolling the tires and noticed the engine mount was adjustable and it wasn't straight, it wasn't off much but I straightened it up and fixed it. May post some pics and i'm sure someone on here can help.

I ran into a stretch of chain problems, checked end play, chain alignment etc. and it turned out to be my motor mount not clamping securely. As far as end play goes, you need a little but I run them a little looser than minimum now and have never had any kind of chain problems on my karts.

Should be able to slide it back and forth don't want it locked up with the bolt is tightened down.

I had a tight spot on my newest kart when rolling the tires and noticed the engine mount was adjustable and it wasn't straight, it wasn't off much but I straightened it up and fixed it. May post some pics and i'm sure someone on here can help.
How much endplay? Is this ok?

Attachments

• 1B29CAE0-5B10-4341-B3CF-9EAB1F2D1A87.jpeg
    1B29CAE0-5B10-4341-B3CF-9EAB1F2D1A87.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 41
Back