Prep at the track

bullerman

Are there many tracks that have a no prep at the track rule? I had saw on here someone had talked about it. Seems like it would save time and money. Just wondering.

Saving time, maybe, saving money - doubtful. (There's a whole thread on here with debate on whether it's cheaper or not to use prep.)
There are some tracks that have a "no prep" rule, but how they enforce it leaves a lot of room for those who choose to not follow the rule.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The one thread I read said you could prep all you want at home just not the track. Seems like it would be cheaper if your not using prep at the track. Don't know. It sounds good and I think it would definitely save time. All the tracks here say they don't have time to run a second heat race. I am a old stock car racer and started racing karts in 94. Always ran two heats. Now they don't have time.
I am sure like you said if they did have a no prep at the track someone is trying to figure out a way around it. Oh well it was just a thought.

Dawgwood Speedway in Chatsworth, GA has no prep burris classes

Tires are purchased at the track. Once mounted, they never leave the impound area. They’re stored in a locked room between points races. Racers must qualify & race their no prep set.

One set per racer, used over the entire points series

Dawgwood Speedway in Chatsworth, GA has no prep burris classes

Tires are purchased at the track. Once mounted, they never leave the impound area. They’re stored in a locked room between points races. Racers must qualify & race their no prep set.

One set per racer, used over the entire points series

that would be interesting. Are you allowed a set for practice and one for racing? How would you have a chance to get a good setup if you didn't have a practice set?

that would be interesting. Are you allowed a set for practice and one for racing? How would you have a chance to get a good setup if you didn't have a practice set?
nope....everyone has one set, & one set only

You can practice on whatever set you’d like, but you MUST qualify & race your no prep set

nope....everyone has one set, & one set only

You can practice on whatever set you’d like, but you MUST qualify & race your no prep set

I'm assuming they are marked for each driver? what happens if somebody comes in half way into the season, or even a race or two behind? They'd have fresher stuff than every one else.

I'm assuming they are marked for each driver? what happens if somebody comes in half way into the season, or even a race or two behind? They'd have fresher stuff than every one else.
Yes, they’re marked and identified by driver
U can practice ur no prep set as much, or as little as u’d like...but u must use them to qualify and for the main

as far as ppl coming in late, there’s a certain # of races, & a minimum # u must run to be eligible for the awards, so a new kart jumping into a best 6 of 7 races, when there’s only 2 or 3 races left, does no good for them

Yes, they’re marked and identified by driver
U can practice ur no prep set as much, or as little as u’d like...but u must use them to qualify and for the main

as far as ppl coming in late, there’s a certain # of races, & a minimum # u must run to be eligible for the awards, so a new kart jumping into a best 6 of 7 races, when there’s only 2 or 3 races left, does no good for them
May not do them any good as far as the series in a whole, but they can still potentially be at an advantage Winning races Interfering with ones that are in it for the long haul.

May not do them any good as far as the series in a whole, but they can still potentially be at an advantage Winning races Interfering with ones that are in it for the long haul.
Ask Rodney Byers at Dawgwood, they may have a cutoff date for letting new competitors in the class/series....idk

I don't know if this is a little extreme but in Europe, (I,ve heard) the tires never leave the impound area except to race. You retrieve your tires from the impound area, go race, redeposit the tires in the impound area.

I don't know if this is a little extreme but in Europe, (I,ve heard) the tires never leave the impound area except to race. You retrieve your tires from the impound area, go race, redeposit the tires in the impound area.
They do the same thing at concession kart tracks, seems some need to just go to the rental track every week and leave dirt oval racing to the guys that dont mind hard work or getting their hands dirty

We went to a track with a no prep at track rule. Only washing tires was allowed. But they didnt mention what you could wash them with ;)

Back