Prep cans

Phenom20

Since my mind tends to think about completely useless stuff I got to thinking........ it's the year 2021 we have auto lift kart stands, bead breakers, tire cutters etc..... why are we still pouring prep out of the dinosaur style f type metal cans that spill all over? Anyone come up with a great invention yet? If so take my money! 😄

And before anyone says pour in a different container or use a funnel that's not what I'm looking for. I've been searching for a pour spout that screws right on to these metal quart and gallon containers. Maybe I'm just not Google savvy enough to stumble across it.

And before anyone says pour in a different container or use a funnel that's not what I'm looking for. I've been searching for a pour spout that screws right on to these metal quart and gallon containers. Maybe I'm just not Google savvy enough to stumble across it.
i found one to go on the gallon containers on ebay, it was for a body shop type deal and was about 20bucks.

This may sound funny but hold it so the spout is the highest point .
Some Old Thread cutting oil cans have a small spout that screws on .

This .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210721-105932_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210721-105932_Chrome.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 53
Since my mind tends to think about completely useless stuff I got to thinking........ it's the year 2021 we have auto lift kart stands, bead breakers, tire cutters etc..... why are we still pouring prep out of the dinosaur style f type metal cans that spill all over? Anyone come up with a great invention yet? If so take my money! 😄
In some , but not all cases alot of these great inventions are due to the fact that people are more lazy these days than in days past .

FWIW, we went to a new can supplier a while back for our quart containers that have a press in cap insert that has a spout on it. Other prep companies are using them as well. They cost us a bit more than your standard F Style, but certainly do pour better.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

being from Louisiana we drink a lot of coffee, the plastic coffee container works just right, the pad fits in the container perfect and the lid seals off good

I pour into a small roller paint pan most of the time, so no troubles with the cans

Attachments

• 57154_W4.jpg
    57154_W4.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1
How are you holding your can when you pour? Can/Jugs are designed to pour with the opening towards the top. It allows air to run up the top of the can to vent and pour steadily.

How are you holding your can when you pour? Can/Jugs are designed to pour with the opening towards the top. It allows air to run up the top of the can to vent and pour steadily.
Same way. It's just when they are full it still catches the lip of the can

I remember the Quarts of Original Kent Acrysol and Speedy 500 having squirt tips and the little red caps on them. I seemed to over use and waste prep squirting straight from the Quart onto a pad.

Back