Prep question?

NMS

What is the best thing to cut goat Pea with? Also has any one ever heard of using Transmission fluid as a tire conditioner? Any use Trans for a tire prep

Plenty use tranny fluid as a prep and have for years, as for the goat i cut it with black sand sometimes and other preps at other times, just depends on what the track wants and what i need the tires to do

i used a 50/50 mix of tranny fluid and WD40 for quite a while. just have to be careful with it. it will soften your tires quite a bit. but it works well in alot of track conditions.
you need to be careful with goat pee too. ive heard it's one of those preps you can't get out of your tires once you put it on.

Wish we all would vote all this crap out of carting waste of time and money look at the past when it was not used only people that benefit are the ones that sale it ! And make tires ! they used to sell pet rocks did not last long did most get the picture ! Lol! Yes i know cant be as fast with or with out i know but we are only talking about a tenth or so and for that cost of all of that prep could spend on lots of other stuff and pro. Get more people into carting think about it !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish we all would vote all this crap out of carting waste of time and money look at the past when it was not used only people that benefit are the ones that sale it ! And make tires ! Hell they used to sell pet rocks did not last long did most get the picture ! Lol! Yes i know cant be as fast with or with out i know but we are only talking about a tenth or so and for that cost of all of that prep could spend on lots of other stuff and pro. Get more people into carting think about it !!!

You are just going to have to face it, times change and technology changes with it, while you used to race without prep, that was likely before it was available for sale and people knew about it and what it can do. Todays world calls for prepped tires to be competitive unless you like being in the back of the field, thats just how things are. Once it has been done, it is not going to go back to the way it was before, no matter how many people wish or want it to, thats just a fact of racing. Nobody is forcing anyone to use it, you have a choice whether to use it or not, feel free to make your own choices. You dont have to have it for local saturday or sunday racing, stick with those races if you dont like using prep, its pretty simple really.

i used a 50/50 mix of tranny fluid and WD40 for quite a while. just have to be careful with it. it will soften your tires quite a bit. but it works well in alot of track conditions.
you need to be careful with goat pee too. ive heard it's one of those preps you can't get out of your tires once you put it on.

You cant get ANY prep back out of tires once you put it on them or in them, that is a given fact. Prep changes the composition and structure of the rubber permanently.

Uhm i have used it and yes i could tell a difference but as in a few years ago many people have been raceing the track and makeing changes before the feature comes around and if you do get to the feature you made it to your goal ! So now its time to try and win the race thats with or with out prep that has not changed ! So with all a guy has to do with prepping and the additional cost of it all just does not make sense the carts that make it to the feature are the ones that got there set up correct that given day the tires are very important but know prep is really needed maybe cut them and clean them thats all that is needed the times at the end of the night are the fastest times of the night unless you make the wrong call oh yea i have done that ! Prep is just a waste of time and money i think we need to spend our money smarter so to get more people raceing the sport cost enough you would not have all this tec. In prep if it was not here and yes it was for sale sounds like people will by anything ! I know it would be hard to win with or without it that is my point ! We have raced all around money or sat nights it does not matter its just not needed sorry !

If you feel it's not needed, feel free to run without it. You may also feel free to bring all your non-prepping friends to our local tracks to help contribute to the purses. Look, everyone knows prep is expensive and dangerous, but it is also fast and impossible to effectively enforce any rules banning it.

I guess some people just dont understand what i said been there done that no benefits the tire companys are just makeing a bunch of money and the people selling it are laughing while takeing your money to go a tenth or two faster hard head thats a good name i got to love that lol! I wonder if you could compete with out it one on one also wonder if you know how to make a cart fast not much of a purse left after you spend all your money on prep ! If it was banned there would be no reason to enforce anything and if you do use it and get caught you would be dq" hopeing your not a cheating kind of guy ! Now go put your **** on your tires

I guess some people just dont understand what i said been there done that no benefits the tire companys are just makeing a bunch of money and the people selling it are laughing while takeing your money to go a tenth or two faster hard head thats a good name i got to love that lol! I wonder if you could compete with out it one on one also wonder if you know how to make a cart fast not much of a purse left after you spend all your money on prep ! If it was banned there would be no reason to enforce anything and if you do use it and get caught you would be dq" hopeing your not a cheating kind of guy ! Now go put your **** on your tires

If it was banned please tell us how you would police it?

I guess ther are what they call snifers out there that can check preps out but not sure if they do all the different kinds but all tires have some kind of numbers or letters on them that do have duro readings if durning raceing yor tires dont read the correct duro then you are dq" i guess it could be done like a engine claim

I guess ther are what they call snifers out there that can check preps out but not sure if they do all the different kinds but all tires have some kind of numbers or letters on them that do have duro readings if durning raceing yor tires dont read the correct duro then you are dq" i guess it could be done like a engine claim

um sniffer wont catch undetectable preps, and I can prep all day long and never change the duro.
You put a claim on tires and your track will be a ghost town
Tires have batch numbers, but tires duro at different numbers for different batch's

Back the guys original question, the only down fall of using black sand to cut goat is black sand needs cure time, it doesn't change even I your cutting prep with black sand it still needs a week or two to get the full affect that's why I don't use it, I personally like using either acersol or a conditioner of some sort I like palmettos base medium for it. As for the people complaining about preping either move to something els or just learn it! It's not rocket science I promise. And if u think prep only gives you a tenth or two your crazy id love to see you put a brand new set of tires That are unpreped against a set preped tires I'd put money I would be able to lap you I'm 5 laps tops! Idc how many people try to ban or push it out of karting it's just going twice if not 3 times more expensive becuz everyone is gonna use an undetectable prep and have 4 times as many tires, it's just the nature of the beast never gonna get away from it

ive been racing for forty years in a perfect world box stock would be box stock ther would be know prep and tires would be 4 inches wide that was the 1970s good luck with that its racing and everyone wants to go faster oh yeah and we would run backwards with a a-bone those guys could drive

I knew picking up that popcorn at the grocery store would pay off.

Keep it up Jim D. This is as good as going to a comedy movie.

Huh? Back to original question i sent you a PM. Trust me thats what you should do. I was prepping before a lot of people even knew what prepping was, and was using a homemade prep we made and one of the ingredients was tranny fluid.

In the early 90's WKA Champ from Ky Brian McKenny was using Xylene(or Toluene depending on the time of year) Acetone and WD40, depending on the track condition WD was substituted with T/F or diesel

Back