Prep smell control

I know my trailer smells like you dumped a gallon of GOAT right on the floor... it’s crazy. You got to walk by it coming up the walkway to the house and 4 out of 5 will come in an ask .. what’s in your trailer that stinks so bad.
Dont joke about spilling Goat on the floor. Had one of them plastic containers of goat tip over, fall out of its shelf, and explode on the floor of my trailer. Darn thing reeks of goat. On the bright side, with the cold it wasnt as bad...

I use a 3 inch paint roller and a old loaf pan to put prep on whether at home or the track...
Exactly!!! I Just use the disposable roller pans for the trim roller. Works like a charm and I can prep all 4 tires in the time it takes to had prep 1 or 2. With good even coats and real good control of the amount of prep.
Plus my hands never touch the prep!
I have used the brush also. works better than wax pads.

Buy a cheap, $49.00 PLUS ozone generator . Put in your trailer, closet, truck or any place you want to deodorize and kill bugs mold, bacteria etc.. It produces O3 which is reactive. You don't want to breathe it, close door run overnight Open doors, air out, and most smells will be gone. . I have had one for over 20 years. My garage, Trailer, clothes. have Zero odors. Read the directions and use ONLY as directed.

Was just at harbor freight today and seen the blue nitrile gloves are now 19 a box. Usually 7 bucks a box and can get them for 5 bucks many times. I wear the thick yellow gloves over these when I prep or two pair of the nitrile gloves.

All these chemicals soak into your skin and goes straight to your liver. The reason I quit dirt racing, and indoor racing. I dealt enough with Agent Orange in Nam, and showing affects of it 50 yrs later.
Had several friends went to Nam. Now dealing with the demons and effects of Agent orange. Destroyed many young men and women's lives. Thanks and welcome home!

All these chemicals soak into your skin and goes straight to your liver. The reason I quit dirt racing, and indoor racing. I dealt enough with Agent Orange in Nam, and showing affects of it 50 yrs later.
one of the lucky ones

Here's the prep pail, brush (and injector) that we offer.
You can also get them at home improvement, paint stores, and hardware stores.
I think we get $5 for the pail and brush, $2 for the syringe that threads onto the valve stem.
The pail has a convenient handle, magnet for holding the brush, and pour spout.
When you're done prepping your tires, just pour the contents back in the original (labeled) container.
Less mess, Less waste, and MUCH safer than wax pads and Tupperware containers.

Attachments

• CatTirePrepApplicators.jpg
    CatTirePrepApplicators.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 24
I assume since these chemicals are commercially available, that there's an MSDS for them? That would tell you the safest way to store and work with them. If it's causing your clothes and trailer to smell, then it's also being absorbed through your skin. I spent almost 42 years as a Lab Rat for an aerospace company, and I'll bet the stuff isn't doing you and your kids any good. Unless of course, you're using all the proper safety precautions. Like other on this thread have said, there's some bad stuff out there. Be careful.
Clark Gaynor Sr.

when I was a mechanic and I got gas on my hands , I would heat my hands with a heat gun to evaporate the fumes before I washed my hands and
locked in the smell,

Am I the only one that likes the smell of Goat and others? lol My wife and kits Hate Black sand, its one of my favorite! lol Does get me light headed after a bit of being trapped in the trailer with it though

I think I'm still not fully able to smell things since having COVID last year, I guess thats one benefit! :)

Am I the only one that likes the smell of Goat and others? lol My wife and kits Hate Black sand, its one of my favorite! lol Does get me light headed after a bit of being trapped in the trailer with it though

I think I'm still not fully able to smell things since having COVID last year, I guess thats one benefit! :)
Personally I like the smell of some of my preps, they have an almost sweet candy like aroma. The problem is everybody else thinks I smell like a chemical plant :ROFLMAO:

Back