Prepped tire question

bullerman

Might be a stupid question but I don't know. Do prepped tires work the whole race to get better grip? In between races do you wash your tires and put prep on again or brush them off with a wire brush and wipe them with the prep. If I buy a used set of tires that the person has been using one type of prep can you change if you want. I am going to start racing again and I want to try and get on some type program. Would like to find one type prep and stay with that. I have done all the awitching back and forth. I will be racing on a smaller budget than most. Probably have a couple sets of tires to work with. Been out of it or 5 years but a track is being built about 10 miles from the house. I'm 73 now but I still feel like I can race. Gonna find out.

A properly prepped tire will provide grip the whole race, you wash them and In most cases re-wipe between races, NO WIRE BRUSH. Type of prep and method depends on tire brand and track conditions, there is external prep and internal prep as well, you'll need to learn the track and then pick a simple prep program.

bullerman, Give us a call if we can help with a simple, yet effective, tire prep program.
A lot of this discussion really hinges on what brand of tires you will be using and whether you have internally prepped tires or not.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Curious as to why you boldly state NO wire brushing? We race a very sandy, wet track and almost always wire brush the tires after each time on the track with no ill effects. I refuse to pay big $$$ for one of those trash can tire washers that won't get these tires clean anyway...

Glad to see you back, you can get a tire roller for around $250.00 . It's a very good investment , I run old tires in the RWYB class, I feel that I do well with what I have.
Inside rolling is a good investment

Back