Prepping Left front tire

Treydye08

Does anyone prep the left front tire ? Ive researched and found nothing on it. I was told it didnt matter but ive seen that you are supposed to inside prep them so im confused. Thanks

Does anyone prep the left front tire ? Ive researched and found nothing on it. I was told it didn't matter but I've seen that you are supposed to inside prep them so I'm confused. Thanks
It is one of those thing that gives you a little extra. Prep it exactly like you do the other 3 tires, it does help you more at turn in.
Chassis now are designed to use all 4 tires.
Used to be you had the left rear 4 points harder than the RR now it works better if all 4 are the same or close.

I try to keep ours prepped in sets of 4 if I can, (that includes the LF,) for bite and duro.
If they are all prepped the same way, then I can better monitor which corner of the car is working the hardest (wear, temp, contact patch, etc.)
The LF rarely gets enough heat in it to make it wear, but that doesn't mean it's not important.
You use the LF at corner entry on every lap. Now, with the real high cross some have gone to, that LF is just along for the ride 90-95% of the time. I guarantee you though, that every time you put some wheel input to the left, that LF had better be biting. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Also the better your LF works the more weight you have traveling a longer path between the RF and LR on entry and exit.

The result is increasing the amount of weight pathed to the back via the LF increases instantaneous use of the LR/low gear to start your next acceleration.

Back