Prepping Maxxis Whites

I have never prepped these tires yet and they are brand new. How will prepping like a normal maxxis ht3 effect the tires? Since it is a more true rubber should I not prep as much? I am gonna try different prepping routines on each set but just though I would see if anyone has any advice. Thanks

I have never prepped these tires yet and they are brand new. How will prepping like a normal maxxis ht3 effect the tires? Since it is a more true rubber should I not prep as much? I am gonna try different prepping routines on each set but just though I would see if anyone has any advice. Thanks
Hard to answer that question without knowing what you are wanting from this set of tires.
If youre wanting a softer set, internal prep as normal and use outside as necessary. If youre wanting them harder, then cut them, and use same, or a bit less, amount of internal with less outside. If youre wanting super soft, use a bit less internal and prep aggressively outside as you would an HT3.
Also remember this, its still fairly unknown tire as availability has been limited, so once this tire becomes readily available theres things we will find out about this tire. Theres some pretty damn smart tire guys.

Been running them in a low bite track with jr2. We have 6 wins on them already, I have zero inside in them. During the week we wipe with high bite 3 wipes for 2 days. Our track like Krug, it all depends on the track how much we wipe, last race it worked all 4 tires and was a rocket ship, this race track was good but not a lot of grip but tires cleaned them selves up from the graining. There may be other methods for you but this is what I’m doing with them for my drivers

They have more bite in them than Pinks right out of the box, but we still internal them. Even then, it's per the track, class, application, etc. I think they're better suited for low/no bite tracks like we have here in the midwest. I think they'll be a good tire, but like Earl said, we'll each do our own thing to them to get them to work and we haven't had enough time to work with them to see what potential there really is with them.
2 ounces of our Pink Panther in the rights, 1 in the lefts.
Work the duro down where you need them (if at all) with our Monster Bite.
Wipe during the week with a bite & conditioning product like our Black Bite 2.0 (more coats = more bite.)
PRW with Monster Bite.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
215 N. High St.
Linden, IN 47955
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com