Prepping

The stiffer sidewalls. It will help keep the tire up out of the track or help with the tire rolling over. A lot of times will make more roll speed.

Only advantage I can see is you can put more chemical in the tire, your speed is in the chemicals, Most placed down south we have a maxxix t3 tire rule so what compound we run is not an option..

^^^ that right there is your answer, but also the stiffer sidewalls in another great advantage also. Most people around here are on prepped down 33a' burris for the stiffer sidewalls rather than run ss22's. 33a is just a better all around tire just like ht3's are instead of ht5's. I know if given the choice between the tires, id be on the harder compounds prepped down, but softer compounds do have their time and place also, so i always keep a set handy, mainly for wet sloppy tracks.

The chemical in a tire is what makes that tire work, like the gentleman above said, your speed is in the chemical you use, the wrong chemical can put you in left field quick too just as easy as the right chemical will make you fly.

Hey pipe hualer good question for these preppers i know its here and all but yes with all the different brand names of tires they all have a code on them soft to very hard use them like that and race the track and it does work i know what they will say you cannot win with out prepping if they are useing it and they are correct to some point if it was banned there would not be a concern about it learn your set ups and driveing skills and go raceing problen is that people have let this go on for so long that they think its the only way to get faster all tires can be cut and sized to what you need for the track conditions that is a fact oh yea some just want to argue but alot of the best karters will tell you it is not needed but sinse it is here you almost are forced to use it ! Its all about the all mighty $$$ i know for a fact that with no prepping karting would be less expensive keeping the duro in any tire is the way it was made thats the reason for all the different numbers or letters i know it sounds old school and i am quilty of w d40 trans fluid mix in the past thinking it would make the tires come in alittle faster but that is about it all these different kinds of preps that are out there now seems to be so this or so that that it does not seem worth it all yea i know everyone wants to go fast at all the tracks we have been to i dont see any body setting any track records in the past many years thinking that it is just a waste oh boy please dont spank me to hard lol!

That could be a contender for the site record run-on sentence, very nearly unreadable. :)
I was going to tell Jim to go and talk to this guy and see if he can get prep banned.
He needs to get over it, use prep or dont the choice is up to him
images

Hey pipe hualer good question for these preppers i know its here and all but yes with all the different brand names of tires they all have a code on them soft to very hard use them like that and race the track and it does work i know what they will say you cannot win with out prepping if they are useing it and they are correct to some point if it was banned there would not be a concern about it learn your set ups and driveing skills and go raceing problen is that people have let this go on for so long that they think its the only way to get faster all tires can be cut and sized to what you need for the track conditions that is a fact oh yea some just want to argue but alot of the best karters will tell you it is not needed but sinse it is here you almost are forced to use it ! Its all about the all mighty $$$ i know for a fact that with no prepping karting would be less expensive keeping the duro in any tire is the way it was made thats the reason for all the different numbers or letters i know it sounds old school and i am quilty of w d40 trans fluid mix in the past thinking it would make the tires come in alittle faster but that is about it all these different kinds of preps that are out there now seems to be so this or so that that it does not seem worth it all yea i know everyone wants to go fast at all the tracks we have been to i dont see any body setting any track records in the past many years thinking that it is just a waste oh boy please dont spank me to hard lol!

Much easier to ignore than to try to read. :)

Oka jim we get it you have been blowing up bobs about your dumb banning prep thing for a week. So if you keep saying focus on set up and this and that, THEN go post in that section. We get it your to dumb to learn prep so you just bash it whatever, don't comment on everybody stuff. You have not helped anyone on here when they ask a question about prep and your response is ban that's not help, it's just dumb. so instead of being ignorant just don't post man.

if you think prep is the reason for the high cost of kart racing you sir are dead wrong.......you need to look at the cost of "A" tire/engines cost.

i like would to see you run your unprepped tires against some of my prepped tires,it sure would be a long ride back home for ya wondering what just happened LOL.

Great Post ! A little hard to read but well worth the effort. I understood you perfectly !

Yep and exactly what Mike was talking about here:

http://karting.4cycle.com/showthread.php?8882-A-rare-Post-From-Msquared

Ain't no way I'm going to complain about something that takes a little effort to read and is well worth the reading. ... :)

paul,surely your not gonna believe that preped tire are the reason for high cost of racing are you?...or unpreped tires are just as fast?

paul,surely your not gonna believe that preped tire are the reason for high cost of racing are you?...or unpreped tires are just as fast?

Paul just likes posts similar to his.........lengthy........difficult to comprehend.........and easy to ignore.........:)

Alright paul thanks they just dont get it lol! I knew xxx 40 would have a pet rock of his own lol! And to all that want to ignore i wishhhh you would i never did any name calling on here some people just like to stur the [prep] lol! Sounds like a bunch of kids oh wellll !

i get it just fine and have for 18yrs of karting,but to even think your theory of being as fast as preped tires is pretty humorous.when you made your post you should have been ready for the comments to come....but each has a theory.....but reality always wins
Alright paul thanks they just dont get it lol! I knew xxx 40 would have a pet rock of his own lol! And to all that want to ignore i wishhhh you would i never did any name calling on here some people just like to stur the [prep] lol! Sounds like a bunch of kids oh wellll !

Great Post ! A little hard to read but well worth the effort. I understood you perfectly !

Yep and exactly what Mike was talking about here:

http://karting.4cycle.com/showthread.php?8882-A-rare-Post-From-Msquared

Ain't no way I'm going to complain about something that takes a little effort to read and is well worth the reading. ... :)

For goodness sake don't go ruin that thread with a bunch of nonsense about an agenda to push out prep. Have enough respect to keep that thread as it was intended.

Dont need a pet rock,but I've never tried to get people to quit using prep, to be safer with it yes, but to quit no and Im a grown man
I built and ran the nation's premier kart track during its hay day, with large purse races every month with 300+ entries, since I see your in Ohio, you may of heard of it Clay City in KY?
My driver(My son) has over 150 feature wins against stiff competition(stiff competition forces you to learn) , and 10 track championships, from Flathead purple plate thru unrestricted, he started at 7 is 22 now, over the 15 years I've been in karting, we also were/are factory sponsored, before karting I come from full scale racing, and they were prepping tires when I really took notice which was in the mid to late 70's, watched my grandfather and uncle use stuff to wipe tires

Truth is Jim, even without prep you would still get spanked, because your stuck in the past, I bet your still trying to set up your kart like they did in the 90's, prep is in karting now and it isnt going anywhere soon, so learn to use it or dont, but when karts continually lap you, my guess is you'll be prepping

Back