Preventing right side arm burn?

What engine?

Clone or animal I'd assume?

Is it an issue of the chain guard not being tall enough?

Last year I had some chain guards altered, made them taller as well as made more space between the upright shield and pipe.

9D34E520-1F55-466A-9667-C7CDF76A369E.jpeg
96EFF515-E2B2-44BB-944E-BF1EE37478D3.jpeg

Attachments

• 023CA8F9-0C47-4D1B-91D5-DA67FB8B1366.jpeg
    023CA8F9-0C47-4D1B-91D5-DA67FB8B1366.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 24
What engine?

Clone or animal I'd assume?

Is it an issue of the chain guard not being tall enough?

Last year I had some chain guards altered, made them taller as well as made more space between the upright shield and pipe.
Predator motor, high chain guard.

I got burned real bad from a flathead, it actually caught my suit on fire. Wrapped the pipe and keep the engine a little further away haven’t had any issues since. Never messed with a predator and only ran a clone a few times but they’re bad for burns from what I’ve seen

I dont wear a firesuit, just the Impact brand jackets and the burn pad on the right elbow has saved my arm innumerable times. Got burned wearing another style jacket and wont wear anything else now.

X2 on moving the engine further out. The style pipe I prefer dumps out to the left side of the kart and is really low and close to my shoulder. Put the kart on scales and moved the engine over as far as possibly, reset some weights, and went out and was not only cooler on my shoulder the kart was better overall.

Quite a few years back a buddy of mine had a special chain guard made up that was like 16in tall. Guy was already in a 3x modified seat and his shoulder was right on the engine. That guard had something similar to what earl has but it was all metal and was still relatively cold after coming off the track.

Lots of options out there. Just find what works best for you.

I just got one for my big Bertha off of Earl at Southern Comfort Preps.... highly recommend it. It works like a champ. It’s a nice piece for the money.
Glad you like it.
I sell a bunch of these and everyone says the same thing at how much nicer it is on their arm. Some even have multiple motors with multiple heat shields because they forgot to change shield over and burnt their arm again.

I wear an elbow pad and my jacket has a suede elbow pad and I still got it. Those stock mufflers are insane for holding heat.

If your running a header , get a lay over , or as I call it , the Big Boy Header . It turns out more than a normal header ..

Back