Pro 81/82 design

Bradley71

The pro 81/82 from what ive read is designed for the open 135cc+ motors.that being said does anyone happen to know what degrees the exhaust opens on those engines atdc.i currently have a kbl6 and the way i understand that pipe design is made for a port earlier than 86 degrees.it runs pretty good on the engine on my kart 116cc with a 88 degree atdc exhaust port.i was trying to see what the older exhaust degree timing was bc i was thinking of buying a pro 81/2 pipe for my kart if the older 135cc engine had a exhaust port around that degree..thanks

From my calculation using Alvin's spread sheet and specs from a 2001 ikf tech manual
there all around 99* comer to pcr

Yeah the engine i have now is 88 degree,i was wondering about the komet k30’s,tkm 135 exhaust bc those where the era of engine they was designed for.

Jennings and Blair are good reads... its been a long time, as bullers and mikes pipes, perform better, 81/82 for open 100-116's... 80 for big opens.

port timing on big opens tend to be a couple degrees +/- to each other..

when I was building, 116's.. I modified s4's, and s1's, they performed better, than stock or 81/82..

Reactions: wto
I went ahead and bought one,im going try it out.but i was trying to gather as much info on them as possible.i look on van deusen site and found some info like flex length,clutch engagement.i always wanted one back 5-6 yrs ago when i was racing every weekend.people would talk about em on here saying they was best open pipe made but never really seen alot of info on them,and they had a big price tag..now they are 149.99 and i get to see what they are about.i need to find a kbo6,and a collins 9.i have a cre 6 and a kbl-6.the pro 81/2 kinda reminds me of a short version of a cre-6.

Hi, the Pro 81/82 is a great pipe for K-35, K-30 ,BM-130, DAP T-62, TKM-135..... I have ran them for years.. you can also run them on 100cc / 116cc opens ... cover the opening by half.. as for Flex , Gearing , Depends on Track..... Dirt , Pavement,.... can give more info....... 602-501-0359 thx. Pete.

Back