Pro x-cel brakes

hotrod92

Has anyone ever had an issue with having brakes in practice,than loosing all brakes for qualifying or heat races? Tried pushing the pads closer to the rotors as a quick fix, and surprise the 2 bolts that hold the pad in came out. Never had an issue up until last night with brakes. Anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it?

Did the axle come loose and rubbing? Do you have the right fluid for your seals? Did you change fluid and bleed the brakes? Can those bolts be drilled and wired? They have to float so be careful how you wire them.

Axle never came loose. fluid is from phantom. Never touched the brakes since new. just checked fluid. I had brakes 2 weeks ago at the last race.

What reason ?
No fluid or air in the line , rubbed a hole in line or blown seal ?
Both kinda go hand in hand .
Did the adjusters strip out or were they unscrewed from the pads ?

We had them fail on 2 different karts. Both karts were bought brand new and had pretty much the same number of weekends on them. They were both pouring brake fluid from the calipers. From my understanding there is no adjustability in the pads like the Mini Lite and other MCP brakes.

A bubby of mine had the same issue after just a couple of races. We removed the pistons, changed the o rings and reversed the pistons, (putting the o rings deeper in the bore) and haven't had any problems since.

A bubby of mine had the same issue after just a couple of races. We removed the pistons, changed the o rings and reversed the pistons, (putting the o rings deeper in the bore) and haven't had any problems since.
Seems this design has no toleration for heat. I haven't torn my bad piece down but I think the o rings harden from the heating/cooling cycles and either shrink or get brittle and break.

I have the Pro Excel mini light and the screws hold the pads in , they are not adjustment screws which would explain why you lost the screws. You adjust the caliper using shims and unfortunately for me the shims did not come with the original kit. I ran this brake system last year for four races and had no issues but I do not use a lot of brake.
hope this helps
KR3

Back