Pro X-CEL MINILITE BRAKES HELP!!

I have the Pro X-CEL Mini Lite Brakes and when I push the brakes it barely locks up or even slows me down causing me to go past the guy lining us up. I always have to put a hand down to stop my self or I just have to very slowly get up to the start to line us up.

I checked my pads and they seem way to far to engage so I tried turning the bolts to make them closer but I can't seem to get the bolts to screw in.

Is there more to pushing them in other then just turning the bolt?

Thank you to who ever helps out

I have the Pro X-CEL Mini Lite Brakes and when I push the brakes it barely locks up or even slows me down causing me to go past the guy lining us up. I always have to put a hand down to stop my self or I just have to very slowly get up to the start to line us up.

I checked my pads and they seem way to far to engage so I tried turning the bolts to make them closer but I can't seem to get the bolts to screw in.

Is there more to pushing them in other then just turning the bolt?

Thank you to who ever helps out
You have to shim them. They are not adjustable. The bolts are for securing the pad and creating spring tension to pull the pad away from the disc. The shims go between the back of the pad and the piston.

Back