problem with brand new ruing carb

jm57racing

Idles fine but will not take throttle backfires spits. Seams to be leaning out. The jet that came with was a 39 we took it aprt cleaned it changed jet emulsion tube bowl bowl gasket. We checked the the low idle jet it was a 19 and the o ring was still in the carb. Checked adjustet and seat all good. Could it be casting problem? Help please.

box stock??? jets may be too small??? try a .036 - .038 high and .025 low... should get you started... if not that timing key maybe...

Thanks for the response I should have also added we installed a ruing we have been running and trust it has a 37 jet low side 19 runs on this engine great. We had another ruing last year that did the same thing on another engine we went thru it and couldnt fix it. Finally repaired it with a large ballpean hammer and a dust shovel. Lol

i had one engine do this and was a gasket not properly install for the air filter adapter. No saying thats your problem but no harm to check..

Idles fine but will not take throttle backfires spits. Seams to be leaning out. The jet that came with was a 39 we took it aprt cleaned it changed jet emulsion tube bowl bowl gasket. We checked the the low idle jet it was a 19 and the o ring was still in the carb. Checked adjustet and seat all good. Could it be casting problem? Help please.

This could be your problem, the o-ring should be on the low speed jet, not in the carb. It should have 2 o-rings on it, one on the top and one on the bottom. I would agree that it is most likely a jetting issue, if you have another ruixing carb that works great on the engine, try swapping the main jet, etube and low speed jet from that carb to the new one, and also check to see where the idle mixture screw is set at on the old carb and set the new one the same way, to find out where the idle mixture screw is set, screw in the mixture screw all the way and count how many turns it takes to get it all the way in, then set the new one the same way. Using an aftermarket air filter and small pipe, your jetting should be somewhere around .036-.39 main and .020-.026 low speed jets. We use the stock airbox and 3/4" weenie pipe around here, and our box stocks will not work with anything bigger than a 30 main and .022 low speed jet, but the aftermarket air filter should allow alot more air into the engine, meaning you can run a bigger main jet. Keep in mind, the bigger the low speed jet you use, the smaller main jet you will need, and the smaller low speed jet you use, the bigger main jet you will need, that is what iv found by tuning these carbs. The Etube you are using could also play a big role in what jetting you need and what will work. Try different Etubes and see what works best. It is not the carb that is the issue, it the tuning part that needs to be tweaked. I have rarely had any carb work perfect right out of the box without having to fine tune it to get the most out of it.

Also, is this a stock carb, blueprinted carb or what? You said it came new with a .039 main jet, leading me to believe its a blueprinted or aftermarket ruixing carb rather than a box stock pipe that comes on new motors, every carb i have bought new came with a .028 or .029 main jet and .019 or .020 low jet, other than the ones you buy blueprinted from people like Dover, those come with the bigger jets, also the ones from Box Stock Project typically come with a bigger main jet, i believe they come with a .036 main but am not sure.

Huay idle jet is smaller in diameter then Ruing. It fits but doesn't seal properly. Ruing idle jet won't fit in a Huay. 390 Carb is different yet. Has one O ring only and no brass insert. Size is drilled in the plastic end.FYI

Okay I have tried and checked everything 3 or 4 times. When we try to give it gas its spitting gas out of the throat of the of the carb. It idles but as soon as we give its gas it just falls on its face like its lean. But gas is shooting out of the carb on breather side. It seems to not be atomizing the gas and pushing fuel out instead of pulling gas into the engine. Im out of ideas. I truely think there is something wrong with the carb body.

Check your Ignition Timing & Flywheel key and next valve adjustment,last but not least cam timing your problem will be found..........Dave

I would assume this if it didnt run correctly with another of our older carbs. Runs perfect with it. This is the 2nd carb we have got that has done this. First thing we checked was ignition timing the valve timing and readjusted valves. Still no luck we thought we where chasing an engine problem since we had just built it. We decided to take a carb of of one of our other motors and there its was. We then since have been trying to figure out the new carbs problem. SMH!

jets you TALKING ABOUT IS NOT THE PROBLEM. if not gaskets take carb apart. float and needle blow carb cleaner trew it then air.I been finding some kind of clear stuff .dont no what it is.it get under float stops it up . look at it real good its hard to see. it will cause engine to do what your saying.I only had ond bad carb in last 5 years that was bad.

Back