Problems bleeding brakes classic Swiss Hutless

monette999

Hi Forum, I have a bad day so I though this nice forum and ask for help.
I had bad brakes on my classic cart a Swiss Hutless Strato.
This cart has a hand brake.

So we I opened the bleeder valve on broke flush the housing.
I could fix that with an M5 and a aluminum washer.I can bleed but it will dropp out

So I have tried to bleed the cart but without success. How shall I do it. I am thankful for your advice.

Greetings monette999

Attachments

• IMG20210508173617.jpg
    IMG20210508173617.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG20210508173623.jpg
    IMG20210508173623.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG20210227161020.jpg
    IMG20210227161020.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 44
With the master higher than the caliper it should bleed it self. Leave the cap off the master and keep tapping the lever, you will see the bubbles come up. Just like a front brake on a motorcycle.

Force fluid through the caliper .
with a large syringe and attending fittings and hose .
A proper bleeder screw .
Pressue fed the master while loosening the bleed stopper .

Kinda same issue for me yesterday . Replace all the brake lines on a town car . Back feed them full with a syringe . With no air in them so far .

What type of Syringe do you have.
I thought I try to stand up my cart and open the bleeder valve.

Does that makes sense?

Some type of large animal syringe from the farm store . Plastici , ve used it several times in the same way
That should work . still need a wy to supply fluid because the master is so small it emptys fast .
Maybe not tottaly vertical but a 45-50 degree angle .

The bleeder valve lets air out and it won't let air out unless the bleeder valve is above the air.
As others have said stand the kart up and you should be able to put fluid in the top and it will bleed air and fluid out when you open the bleeder valve.
Air in the lines will rise up to the master cylinder and fluid below will push air out the valve.

... "should"... ... :)

Thanks you for your help, but It looks like an issue with my master cylinder. I took it apart and it was full of slime. I have cleaned it and as well open the small 1mm vent hole.
Then I mounted it in my yoke for testingI refilled it with DOT4 and pumped it but the is no brake fluid pushed into the break line. The spring chamber stays dry. How is that?
I have a silicon hose connected feel how the air expand and suckback. But no fluid.
Reservoir is full Dot

Who can help here.
Brake system Swiss Hutless Strato.

Thanks for the support
Bob

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-08-18-39-06-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-08-18-39-06-41.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG20210509161833.jpg
    IMG20210509161833.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG20210509174932.jpg
    IMG20210509174932.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 23
Typical bench bleed involves pushing rod full stroke, then hold finger over outlet for return stroke.
Repeat until fluid pushes finger off outlet.

The cup seal and piston are in correctly ?
Like Mr Shaw said prime it first .
On a side note i hate bleeder screws .
Went around vehicle 3 times no air whatsoever .

Looks okay I will Lift up the kart and prefill the line though the master cylinder and then assemble the piston
So I make sure that I have a good prefill

I have assembled it as it was shown in the scheme.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-08-18-39-06-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-08-18-39-06-41.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 11
I have no idea what brake fluid it uses .
There has been several discussion about the type's .
My Biesse Cadet had similar issues . I used dot 3 as its what was recommended online .

I had a coyote that wouldn't bleed . Did the lift the front deal .
The only additional thing was we use tubing from the bleeders to 2 little tubs of brake fluid . Keeping the master full is paramount .

First of all you have a reservoir type master cylinder that needs to be upright to operate properly so, it's the wrong type for that application.

2nd, never pump the brakes or you'll get air all through the system that's hard to get out.

Remove the master cylinder from the kart. Take the brake line fitting out and fill the master cylinder with brake fluid through the brake line hole. Put the brake line back on and also fill the reservoir all the way. Then place the master cylinder lower than the caliper. Position the kart so your calipers top bleed screw is the highest point in the system and open the bleed screws. Keeping the master cylinder low, use some type of pressurizing bottle full of brake fluid to force fluid into the reservoir until it comes out the bleed screws. DO NOT pump the brakes. Let it flow until you're sure there's no more air in the system then close the bleed screws.

Now you have fluid all through the system with no air. There are other ways to do the same thing but this is one that works.

Sundog

I could fix the issue, I removed the brake piston and pored the oil directly in the cylinder while the cart was standing up.
Then installed the piston,
Best decision ever.
What a bad design of Swiss Hutless.

Thanks for the support

Bob

Back