Proly dumb covid 19 idea

paulkish

old fart
When I was a kid mothers use to take their kids to a chickenpox party so they could get chickenpox, get over it and move on.

My daughter and son in law right now have covid but it is not effecting them badly so I figure it the Omicron.

I just again tested negative and it's been 8 days since I babysitted at their house.
I'm thinking of going to visit them to contract the same maybe mild case they both have.

The way things seem to be were all eventually going to get it so why not go for what "might" be a mild case?

It is not that bad Paul. My whole family was fully vaccinated, we caught it over Christmas. My wife and I both have health problems and we survived alright. Now they say we have 1000 times more protection than before. I have had the flu that was worse than covid.

I don't want the 19 version killing me when I might be able to force the so called easy one on me.

I'm fully on board with over it.
Still don't think I want too infect myself . Though mother probably did with the measles.
My Luck is no Luck at all.
Still concerned just not fanatical about it.

I had it Dec of 2020 and could not have had any less problems, but I wouldn't want to bank on the fact just because your kids affects are minor that yours would be the same.

Well…. if my old man would still be here he’d give ya a different perspective to ponder… tomorrow will be 1 year since it took him.

Think I'll just keep on doing what I've been doing and hope I keep testing negative.

It will take as usual a little bit if effort on my part and if it keeps my loved ones safe and not having to worry about me ... good !

Please don’t do the party thing. There is so much misinformation out there. This damn thing sucks! Have lost a long time racing friend to this!
It’s time for everyone to put on there big kid pants, roll up a sleeve, and get the shot! What ever happened to taking a little care for your kids and fellow humans? The kids are the future racers!
I am tired of hearing it’s my right or my choice not to! There is a saying that freedom isn’t free! But the shot is!?
Please, I am asking you as Vet from Desert Shield/Desert Storm,a coalition of nations came together and defeated Sadam! We can’t even get a coalition of states to fight a damn bug!?

Please don’t do the party thing. There is so much misinformation out there. This damn thing sucks! Have lost a long time racing friend to this!
It’s time for everyone to put on there big kid pants, roll up a sleeve, and get the shot! What ever happened to taking a little care for your kids and fellow humans? The kids are the future racers!
I am tired of hearing it’s my right or my choice not to! There is a saying that freedom isn’t free! But the shot is!?
Please, I am asking you as Vet from Desert Shield/Desert Storm,a coalition of nations came together and defeated Sadam! We can’t even get a coalition of states to fight a damn bug!?
I respectfully disagree.

My whole family and I recently had Covid (probably Delta), I came very close to losing my grandparents, so I understand this can be dangerous.

However I don't think the vaccine should be used as a one size fits all solution, what about people like myself, I should have natural immunity now, I don't want to get the shot, that's just one example.

It's looking like the vaccine helps with fighting Covid, but doesn't actually prevent infection, so you could still spread it, this negates all justification for vaccine mandates.

I am not an anti-vaxer, I think the vaccine makes sense for some people, but I don't think everyone under the sun needs to get it.

Sorry if this is considered too political for this forum, or off topic, I'm just trying to promote civil conversation. I understand if this gets taken down.

On a separate note, I wouldn't purposefully expose myself to Covid, although It may work, It just seems kinda risky.

Problem is "should have immunity " round 2 may end differently .
It's a bad situation all around .
If being vaccinated gives me a better then average chance , I'm in .
It's worked so far .

Had it over holidays and felt like crap for a week. Friend of mine just got out of the hospital today after spending 25 days on oxygen. That's the thing, there's no telling how serious it is going to be for each person. We are still losing people everyday to this.

I know of 2 cases where people got infected days after there booster shots, problem is the vaccine is not near as bullet proof as other vaccines have been.

As Landon above said it doesn't prevent you from getting it or passing it along, it hopefully gives you a better chance to beat it when and if you get it.

Within three weeks it went thru our family entering thru two different doors.
Fortunately all of us got thru it.
Biggest fear now do I again today baby sit my grandson and his runny nose.
YEP you bet I do! ...:)

Think I'll just keep on doing what I've been doing and hope I keep testing negative.

It will take as usual a little bit if effort on my part and if it keeps my loved ones safe and not having to worry about me ... good !
No use in testing, You will know when you get it. Sore throat, cough, tired etc. then test. But then there is nothing you can do to cure it. Except treat it like the flu.

No use in testing, You will know when you get it. Sore throat, cough, tired etc. then test. But then there is nothing you can do to cure it. Except treat it like the flu.
Tested only because wife and stepson tested positive didn't think I had it because no symptoms whatsoever, tested positive never a single symptom the entire time, only prayer and took vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc, elderberry extract, the only thing that can be said with any confidence is there is no one size fits all.
My 80 yr old dad just tested positive while going to hospital for being very weak blood pressure would drop when he would set up, digestive problems, congestive heart failure A fib, diabetes, which was his 3rd hospital visit in a year for same issues, never a single covid complication go figure.

I disagree with you.
When and if you get it what IMHO is most important is to test to know if you're over it.
I want to know when it's gone so I won't pass it to others.

It would be tough to live with ones self if you learn someone most likely caught it from you and died.

Really its a really touchy topic. We all have our political views but we won't talk about them on the forum plus it is way more than politics but we wont talk about that. But I have had many family friends of many different age groups and of great health and poor health and it affected them way differently. Some of the healthy ones died and some lived and the same for the unhealthy ones. I don't even know what to think about it but I would say for some people the shot is smart but my mom has horrible asthma and didn't have the shot and this was towards the beginning and she was fine but had the flu and was in the hospital. I think that the vaccine wont get rid of it or anything but it gives you just a tad bit better chance of staying safe and lessens your chance of getting it and spreading it. A lot of it is just irresponsibility. But again if you had covid and charged it to someone who died or you died or were affected horribly it would really change your opinion on it. I don't even know what to think about it other than it isn't going away any time soon. It is just one of those things that affects everyone in a different way and I believe no case is the same.

Last edited:
the vaccine seems to make the symptoms mild and keep you out of the hospital. If you don't have the vaccine I would not chance exposure. It effects different people different ways you never know what it will do to you. some people that have lived through it have permanent damage in the their lungs or they loose fingers, limbs etc. plus getting it DOSE NOT STOP YOU FROM GETTING IT AGAIN. so you CAN"T just go get it and be immune. My vaccinated sister in law has had it twice second time was worse than the first.

Back