Propane heater problems

jake17j

Anybody know anything about propane torpedo heaters. On mine it will light when I press the knob in but it never wants to stay lit. I have to prop a piece of tubing against it to get it to stay lit and then it faded out over about 1/2 hour. I tried to clean the igniter and that used to take care of it but not any more. I also tried to take the regulator off an old grill and tried that and it wouldn't even light then. I'm thinking about trying a new regulator meant for a heater but figured I'd ask here before I buy something I can't take back if it doesn't work

kerosene is bad expensive. the button overrides the safety shut off which should be a thermo couple.
my guess is thermo couple. witch should be integrated with or near ignitor. regulators are set for the btu output genarly interchange though some devices can be specific.

Anybody know anything about propane torpedo heaters. On mine it will light when I press the knob in but it never wants to stay lit. I have to prop a piece of tubing against it to get it to stay lit and then it faded out over about 1/2 hour. I tried to clean the igniter and that used to take care of it but not any more. I also tried to take the regulator off an old grill and tried that and it wouldn't even light then. I'm thinking about trying a new regulator meant for a heater but figured I'd ask here before I buy something I can't take back if it doesn't work

On my propane heater I have to hold the knob in ,then after it lights turn the knob to adjust , but if I don't turn the knob after it light it shuts off the same as yours .

on several mr heater units I have had a yellow liquid gum them up after a lot of use with propane tank outside.
I assume its a liquid propane or odor causing agent, any how cleaned that out and all was well.

I have both but can't use the k1 unless I want to strip naked in the shop and run to the house straight to the shower every time I want to work out there because the fumes make momma's asthma flare up to the point of taking her to the er. that and the closet spot to get k1 is 25 miles away @ $4 + a gallon. . I have used diesel in a pinch but that's not any better. . this was free because the dummies at my old job couldn't figure out that you had to hold the knob in to get it to light so they tossed it in the dumpster has worked great for about 3 years and the last year and now giving me fits

I still don't like them mine was brand new when it wouldn't work and as far as k1 u have to get it without dye in it and its not bad and I have bad sinus problems its just works for me go to walmart thet sell an attachment that u put on ur propane tank that u can get in single and double element that works real good also.

Back