PSA: Folks be very careful when mounting your tires , another wheel has exploded in GA. Safety First !

You could always run a rope , cable or ratchet strap around the tire ring through the mounting hole . Sized appropriately .

Yeah i'm over here with a hope and a prayer mounting these vegas since no one is going to tell us what brand.
Sorry , there are two reasons why I have not mentioned the name and style of wheel. One , it could happen with any wheel so BE SAFE . Use a tire band, a long air hose with a clip on chuck, use plenty of lubrication on the rim, stand back and when you hear the bead pop unplug the hose from the compressor.
Number two , as far as I know the company has not made it public or had a recall which IMO they should have, at least one year ago, however they have changed the name and style of the rim.
In this day and age where one can be sued over the color of their house or flying the American flag I am not about to take that chance. I do not have the funds or time to go through such a process. If someone that has been injured and almost lost digits or hands over this wants to make it public then fine by me. Who knows maybe the company will do the right thing and recall these defective rims soon , in the mean time BE SAFE EVERYONE.

I have mounted Vegas and to be honest it was not that much harder than mounting the Burris tires I currently have. Granted it was only one set of yellow Vegas but it was not that bad.
You haven't lived or almost died til you try and mount Vegas.

I use a tire band, clip on air chuck and a stretchable (old phone cord style) air hose and have the tire outside well away from me 10ft+ lubed with old fasioned gojo (non gritty) hand cleaner.

JP,

I don't believe it was a Douglas in the most recent incident.

When Tony tried to blow his thumb off, that was a Van-K on a Vega.

When Matthew tried to blow his hand off, that was a Tru-Roll on a Dunlop.

I don't plan to mount anymore 6" diameter wheels outside of a containment unit.

And I use a remote hose when mounting 5" diameter wheels (average about 30 a weekend)

I have had WMS and Van-K explode or implode on me in last 24 months.

Douglas has been the only one I have not had a issue with personally. I am sure I am on borrowed time.

Mike

Back