Public hanging

Ron 9

I was watching an old Eastwood movie and they hung a guy in the town square.
I just wonder if this was still done today would there be less crime?????

I think if kids/people that get put away for life from a horrible thing they do might think twice if they could see the consequences before they actually do it.
If a person is convicted and sentenced to life and lost 4 appeals, this person could serve that purpose and we don’t pay to house they for ever.

I read a report about thirty years ago, that looked at all the people we had in our correctional system for the crime of taking another's life. 99.97 percent had twelve prior felony convictions

The problem with this theroy is it's presented by fairly law abiding individuals. You got family's and lives and even if you think your lot in life sucks you still got it good.

Those that "deserve the rope" are VERY rarely in the same time zone of life that you are. You can say "I can imagine/know what they are going through" and that thought probably helps you sleep at night.

Having lived in what most would call the real hood for 30 years and having coached inner city football I have seen, and I would like to think effected for the good, some of the people that you probably think deserve the rope (several of my football kids are serving time and 4 of them are dead because of their world)

I won't make excuses for them they all are paying consiquences for their actions. What I will say is 99% of the people that believe things like this don't know the world these criminals come from except from passing through it making sure their doors are locked when they do so.

I am very much capitol punishment and for streamlining the system but people that commit the crimes you would hang them for are beyond what you comprehend as fear. Hell most would turn out to watch with a picnic basket and burn a blunt laughing as the person made their final twitch.

Know
The problem with this theroy is it's presented by fairly law abiding individuals. You got family's and lives and even if you think your lot in life sucks you still got it good.

Those that "deserve the rope" are VERY rarely in the same time zone of life that you are. You can say "I can imagine/know what they are going through" and that thought probably helps you sleep at night.

Having lived in what most would call the real hood for 30 years and having coached inner city football I have seen, and I would like to think effected for the good, some of the people that you probably think deserve the rope (several of my football kids are serving time and 4 of them are dead because of their world)

I won't make excuses for them they all are paying consiquences for their actions. What I will say is 99% of the people that believe things like this don't know the world these criminals come from except from passing through it making sure their doors are locked when they do so.

I am very much capitol punishment and for streamlining the system but people that commit the crimes you would hang them for are beyond what you comprehend as fear. Hell most would turn out to watch with a picnic basket and burn a blunt laughing as the person made their final twitch.
Growing up in the inner city of Detroit , quit blaming a Murders environment for his actions, millions of people grow up in the hood and never murder anyone.
If 100% guilty public hanging within 1 week of trial

It wouldn't happen, hell the death penalty is so rarely used now it's pathetic. The real issue is that these prisons are profitable, the more people they house that we all pay for, the more money they get. They have absolutely no intentions of rehabilitating anyone, because that doesn't make them money. The few that go in and come out changed for the better are very rare and had the fortitude to change it on their own. Plus the snowflakes would rain down from high.

Know

Growing up in the inner city of Detroit , quit blaming a Murders environment for his actions, millions of people grow up in the hood and never murder anyone.
If 100% guilty public hanging within 1 week of trial
Grew up in or lives in? You are right many, many, many people do. I asked earlier with no answer what would define a hangable offence.

Seems to you murder sticks out and though yes Detroit is a hotbed for that particular crime murder happens and is committed by many people across the geo economic spectrum. Should we hang the housewife from upstate VA that shot and killed her husband after being the victim of 12 years of almost daily beatings and was afraid to leave because she believed him and his buddies would track her down?

There are several such women behind bars across the country.

How about the people every month released after serving 3, 13, or even 30 years because at trial there was no doubt they were guilty then people look into it and. ..damn I'm sorry we stole your life for nothing?

But this is just one crime. I will ask again what crimes are hangable?

It's funny that this came up, because yesterday on the way to the track my brother and I had this very conversation.

There are circumstances, but if they get the death penalty there is generally no chance they didn't do it. Usually proven without a doubt, and over half even admit to it and show no remorse. THOSE, are the types that should be given a week to get their affairs in order, then taken and made to endure the consequences of their actions. They made conscious choices, and shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the comforts of 3 meals a day and a warm or cool places to sleep. Especially considering our convicts are treated better than our Military Veterans.

Grew up in or lives in? You are right many, many, many people do. I asked earlier with no answer what would define a hangable offence.

Seems to you murder sticks out and though yes Detroit is a hotbed for that particular crime murder happens and is committed by many people across the geo economic spectrum. Should we hang the housewife from upstate VA that shot and killed her husband after being the victim of 12 years of almost daily beatings and was afraid to leave because she believed him and his buddies would track her down?

How about the people every month released after serving 3, 13, or even 30 years because at trial there was no doubt they were guilty then people look into it and. ..damn I'm sorry we stole your life for nothing?

She made two decisions, NOT to leave, and to take someone's life for something that if she made a different decision and reached out for help, could have been avoided. She is also just as much at fault, yes it's terrible what happens behind closed doors. But, taking no action is just like taking action. A decision, and a woman in that situation made two bad decisions. Maybe her actions aren't warranting the death penalty, that's for a judge and a jury to decide.

I spent 21 years in Detroit, was born there, and when I say IN Detroit I don't mean in the suburbs, my school was 92% black, 6% Mexican, 2% white and other.
Blaming their environment is a leftist mind set, and isn't supported by facts.
Funny you keep trying to justify trash.
100% Undeniable Murders should be hung quickly.
Cop killers on video with many eyewitnesses.
Murders on video.
Guys who mow down civilians in a Christmas parade
Convicted child molesters should be castrated and hung.

Murder and/or three felony conviction of violence against another human. But, ABR #69 hit it on the head...prisons are a huge cash cow. So we are just wasting our time talking about it.

Ok so she dies cool. What about The Hurricane, Kirk bloodsworth, Robert Miller, or Curtis Mathis to name a few?

What if your son or daughter got convicted by overwhelming evidence, they dangled a week later then 10 years later it was proven they were inocent? I am sure you would be proud they died because 12 got it wrong

Ok so she dies cool. What about The Hurricane, Kirk bloodsworth, Robert Miller, or Curtis Mathis to name a few?

What if your son or daughter got convicted by overwhelming evidence, they dangled a week later then 10 years later it was proven they were inocent? I am sure you would be proud they died because 12 got it wrong
That's a whole other story all together, the justice system is flawed, we see stupid people all the time. Sadly those people are also the cops, the judges, and neighbors we see daily, they think different. The investigations once they're looked into are so flawed that it's puzzling to anyone with sense how it ever got so far out of hand. Yes it happens, you're right. If our kids stay out of trouble and don't get involved with that life style, the chances they'll be mixed up in things like this are lower. But, it doesn't stop it from happening. We need a complete overhaul of the government and how things work.

But, the problem is that we're human and it doesn't mean I'm right just because a few people agree with me. But, we collectively need to come together as a whole for the better of humans and work together instead of our own agenda. If we all work together and compromise instead of argue all the time, our government wouldn't be in the position it's in now. But, I'm getting off on a rant and I'm over it.

Back