Puke tank level

This evening I decided to check the level of oil my tank after roughly 2 hours of rough stop go WOT riding and it had about 11/2 oz or so in it. Decided to make Rome for one after noticing a few drops on floor under the tube. Last flathead I ran the same way but wasn't as freed up as this one and it didn't loose any oil through the tube. So my questions are what is the reason for this amount, and is that an acceptable amount of loss? I am running with 12 oz flat mount 3hp briggs, 16 lbs springs both sides, stock profile cam lighted, "Flow Printed" stock appearing moon power pulsajet, reworked velocity stack and KandN filter, 3rd hole drilled and long turn and short turn radiused with jb weld, .030 milled off head polished , shaved brows, 3 stage straight torque tube with stocker rlv silencer, new rings 8 thou top 12 tho mid and 20tho bottom, ported and roughed intake port with lightened and polished valve, ported and polished exhaust port and lightened polished valve, #7 avanced timing key, lightend, and balanced to the crank flywheel and starter clutch, hottest coil I could find out of a couple dozen spaced at 2 buisness cards lol, 12-60 gear, max speed 43 mph, max rpm 6500, max head temp 405 f once but usually 380 to 400. 90 octane ethanol free mixed with 1 ounce of dominater 2 cycle oil and 2 ounces of octainium per gallon. Had a lot of fun building this and riding. I just hope since it's my first one I didn't do something wrong. Lots of questions asked on here and alot of reading everywhere. Lot left to learn and that's why I love it. Honestly if I knew everything I wouldn't be very happy. I'm happy knowing there is so much more to learn.

It is considered blow by , in my mind .
Or it may not be blow by from the rings .
Just normal pumping action from the crankcase ventilation system .
May not have a good seal on the breather valve .
Used to be you put in x amount of oil raced it then measured what was left .
thats he amount the engine wanted .

It is considered blow by , in my mind .
Or it may not be blow by from the rings .
Just normal pumping action from the crankcase ventilation system .
May not have a good seal on the breather valve .
Used to be you put in x amount of oil raced it then measured what was left .
thats he amount the engine wanted .
That's a good method Flattop. Wouldn't it leak down the out side of block it it wasn't tight enuff? BTW not sure if normal or not cause I don't recall any other engine doing it but I can feel air pressure on my leg coming out of that tube at a medium idle before I installed the can.

Back