Pulse pump leaking oil

Slopster

Hi, as by the title I have a leaking problem from my 212s pulse pump. I’m pretty sure I know what’s wrong, just want to know if there’s an easy solution. My pulse pumps compression source comes from the block rather than the valve cover. So I’m assuming oil is creeping up through the line and getting into the pump. Any help is appreciated.

Hi, as by the title I have a leaking problem from my 212s pulse pump. I’m pretty sure I know what’s wrong, just want to know if there’s an easy solution. My pulse pumps compression source comes from the block rather than the valve cover. So I’m assuming oil is creeping up through the line and getting into the pump. Any help is appreciated.
Is it vented from the top of your block? Like under the top plate kind of? Many big name builders do it this way. Some people put a dab of silicone on the top of it to prevent this from happening.

mount the pump with the pulse line pointing down and mount the pump straight above the crankcase source an inch or two. That allows any oil to fall back due to gravity.

mount the pump with the pulse line pointing down and mount the pump straight above the crankcase source an inch or two. That allows any oil to fall back due to gravity.
I’ll try to do this but I’m not too sure where to mount it. I have it mounted in a spot I like. I’ll send some pictures later to help everyone get a better picture of what I’m talking about.

You will want the line pointing straight down basically. Take as much excess line out. It is wisest to have the vacuum line as short as possible.

I’ll try to do this but I’m not too sure where to mount it. I have it mounted in a spot I like. I’ll send some pictures later to help everyone get a better picture of what I’m talking about.
Just silly cone the vent shut . problem solved .
Provided its above the crank .

Back