Pump E85?

I've been wanting to upgrade my fuel situation from boring old 87 octane to something a little more capable. I'd like to run about 12:1 compression... obviously 87 isn't gonna cut it. I've looked at various race fuels, VP M1, Sunoco 110, Sunoco E85 R, Ignite E90, etc. They're all too expensive to run in something I'm not even competitively racing. So this leaves me with a couple options, either try premium pump gas (93 octane), or try pump E85 (100 octane). As you can tell from the title of the thread I'm more interested in E85. After all what's not to like, it's super cheap, readily available, primarily ethanol. My one concern is that the ethanol to gasoline ratio of pump E85 can vary wildly, obviously this could present a big problem. So what do you think, is it worth trying? Does anyone have experience with it?

As always thanks for any advice.

I have a buddy who had an E85 engine built to run in Stock Appearing. At the time the rules just said no alcohol. It didnt take long for the rules to also say no E85, too.

If you are running E85 I recommend buying it from Sunoco because pump E85 Varys through the year and sometimes you will get a bad batch and really mess up your motor. I have seen that happen countless times to street cars tuned for E85. Try Sunoco E85. I hate recommending Sunoco because I am die hard VP Racing but I know there’s is bad fast.

If you are running E85 I recommend buying it from Sunoco because pump E85 Varys through the year and sometimes you will get a bad batch and really mess up your motor. I have seen that happen countless times to street cars tuned for E85. Try Sunoco E85. I hate recommending Sunoco because I am die hard VP Racing but I know there’s is bad fast.
Were do you buy Sunoco E85? Are you talking about their E85 R?

Look on the sunoco website and they have dealers posted on there and locations to get it. You can get it shipped to you but it is costly I believe.

I have talked with spme street rod tuners . Pump E85 works great with EFI . Pump E85 is very inconsistant for carburated motors . Canned E85 is your best bet , or just use Methonal

Back