Pure stock build

Smaro

Hey everyone. I’m just getting into karting. I’m looking to run the predator EL class. I was wondering what company’s are doing to charge 679.00 for a pure stock motor. They list it as blueprinted stock predator engine. And is this something I could build myself? Thanks

Depends on your skill level .
Driving is the biggest challenge for a beginer and tires .
At 679.00 you can buy three engines and pick the best one along with learn quite a bit. .
You racing down south ?

Yes sir. Down in South Georgia. What can I do to it myself to make it like there 679.00 motor. I also added a screenshot of there engine.

Attachments

• 6800AC51-73A6-488B-8487-FC73FB3F70BC.png
    6800AC51-73A6-488B-8487-FC73FB3F70BC.png
    404.4 KB · Views: 154
Around here that motor couldnt be run because tracks require the governor to be working. Check your rules.

Lets say 200 for the base engine 200 for the add on parts . thats 279 for the blue print .
Disassemble hone the rod and cylinder maybe a valve job or lap change out the springs light weight lifters and keepers set the valve timing
distension the rings reassemble . all against the rule.
or just set the valve timing call it good .
maybe nothing at all .
deep pockets buy one then you can't blame the engine .
Its a claimer class so be prepared for someone to claim your engine if you finish top3.
or just race straight out the box like you should .

Yea. That’s what I’m worried about also. Then I will be without a motor again lol. I was wondering if maybe I cleaned up the inside. Maybe deburr everything. I know I can change the springs and change the pipe. I wasn’t sure I could do anything else.

de burr will get you tossed . Valve timing and piston and rod clearance Are two areas i feel are important .
Obviously a worked carb. its endless . when you go too the Smokey Yunick mentality .
was it the 679$ version ?

So maybe some carb work and valve timing and piston clearance. You guys tell me. I’m not wonting to cheat. I just don’t won’t to go buy a HF motor and just keep getting smoked because the other guys a running motor that has been worked with everything that is legal

I was just looking at the other track near me and here are their rules. Who is Dover?

Attachments

• 18CF362E-8F54-4930-8C0D-B2C4BF6ADE52.png
    18CF362E-8F54-4930-8C0D-B2C4BF6ADE52.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 52
Dover Power, which track would your rather run at? Look at track conditions and competition and rules and decide which you like best and build a motor for that track

Run an untouched (internally) Predator, take $200 with you to the track and buy someones $679 engine. Simple.

He has to finish in the top 3 in order to claim an engine. If everyone is running "built" motors then the factory one won't compete and he won't be able to even finish high enough to even claim one.

True. I just can’t see myself buying a 600+ motor and then someone claiming it. That’s why I was wondering what other people are legally doing to the box stock motors

Claim rules are all different .
As long as your racing at the same track it should be fine .
If its teched and found illegal . You generally get your money back. the engines d-qed . they keep it and give you a new box stock .
again the rules are all different with the claim deal .

Hey everyone. I’m just getting into karting. I’m looking to run the predator EL class. I was wondering what company’s are doing to charge 679.00 for a pure stock motor. They list it as blueprinted stock predator engine. And is this something I could build myself? Thanks
Interesting you sure its not a stock appearing

Back