Pure stock build

The entire point of a claim rule is to keep people from putting anymore into an engine than the amount of the actual claim rule. $200 < $679. Then on top of that, I wouldn't trust anything with JRPW on the side of it. The guy is a known cheater.
Just because you get drug by jrpw don‘t mean they are cheating, our record in tech is stellar, even when a couple people are using our parts to make rules. Nice try. Work on your game, ours is just fine

Just because you get drug by jrpw don‘t mean they are cheating, our record in tech is stellar, even when a couple people are using our parts to make rules. Nice try. Work on your game, ours is just fine
I no longer race. Before I quit racing, I never got outran by anything with JRPW on it. You just concentrate on getting those illegal heads through tech.

Hence why I laugh when I see people talking about something being blueprinted, and especially seeing someone selling a "stock blueprinted" engine for over $400 more than it cost out of the box. It's an overused, and misunderstood word. It's kind of like the other day walking through the convenience store passing by the bottled water cooler I actually saw a bottle of water that was "100% pure organic." It's a catchy phrase, but all too often only used to sell something at a higher price but isn't actually any different than the one sitting next to it. For the record, water cannot be organic simply for the fact that it does not contain carbon...but man, it sure sounds refreshing, doesn't it?

Smaro, you should find out if the guy selling the $670 blueprinted stock motor can make sure he uses organic parts, ya know, just to ensure you get the best of everything. It might cost you an extra few hundred bucks over the blueprinted one, but hey, it'll be a really nice stock motor.

All joking aside, and to again try and stay on track, my personal suggestion is don't pay way too much for something that isn't really anything. Find out your exact rules for the class you're racing and make sure your motor falls within those rules. If you want to take it apart and make sure it's all torqued properly and has proper clearances then go for it, just make sure you don't alter it to be outside of what's allowed....well, that is unless no one ever actually tech's the motor, then I'd just find a different track to race at if you don't have the funds to keep up with the people who aren't following the unenforced rules.
I really don't think you get what we talking about, your idea of blueprint and what we are talking about are different, not saying you are wrong, and im right, just different ways of looking at the same thing.

I really don't think you get what we talking about, your idea of blueprint and what we are talking about are different, not saying you are wrong, and im right, just different ways of looking at the same thing.
First, refer back to where I said if you want to discuss the meaning of this then start a new thread and we can do it there. Second, if you're going to start off with saying I don't know what I'm talking about and that you aren't saying you're right and I'm wrong, well sorry, but you actually did just try and say you're right and I'm wrong. The problem is that just because someone taught you incorrectly doesn't make you right. What you're describing is blueprinting, yes, but it's not the only way it's done. It's done by, and I'll say this one last time so maybe it will sink in, using parts and setting the tolerances and clearances to an exact standard...and there are numerous sets of standards and clearances, including stock.

Bottom line, and then put this to bed or go somewhere else so we can talk about it there...this thread started off as a pure stock question on if the guy could do the work himself rather than overpay someone else. Additionally, what you're saying your definition of what blueprinting is is NOT stock by your own admission on using non-stock parts.

Sorry I hurt your feelings by informing you that what you were taught blueprinting is wasn't correct, but you're just going to have to get over it. Now rather than coming back at me with yet another excuse as to why you're right, try answering the question that was posted....can he do the work himself and save himself hundreds of dollars in the process on a PURE STOCK BUILD.

Hey everyone. I’m just getting into karting. I’m looking to run the predator EL class. I was wondering what company’s are doing to charge 679.00 for a pure stock motor. They list it as blueprinted stock predator engine. And is this something I could build myself? Thanks
So: the answer is complicated . yes . you could , with the proper equipment and skills.
generally hone the cylinder, lap the rings , DE tension the rings , grind/lap the valves and seats ,polish the crank , hone the rod ,deburr everything match /light weight lifter and keepers . adjust/match valve spring tension and installed height . adjust cam centerlines IE: twist the cam gear and or cam . set/adjust ignition timing . work the carb.
sink the valves , mill the head or block , Re-machine the valve pockets .
So all or part of this plus possibly more.
..... box stock ;set the cam timing events, hone the rod/ purchase pre honed , change the springs ,light weight valve components lap the valves and rings . Purchase a carb. all doable in the home shop .

...work the carb.
sink the valves , mill the head or block , Re-machine the valve pockets .

.... change the springs ,light weight valve components... Purchase a carb....
So much for stock, eh?

I think that's what I was getting at with the whole blueprinting thing. You, and kartboy63 have both described part of the blueprinting process but you've both went outside of the realm of stock. In reality the arguing between kartboy and myself pretty much proved my point about the overuse of the term blueprinting because there are so many ways it's done properly, but it's all dependent on the particular rules you have to adhere to.

Here's another way of settling this that I'm sure we can all agree to....Smaro, post a set of the rules you'd be racing to and we can stop the bickering in here and give you a straight answer that I'm sure everyone can agree on, then it'd be either up to your skillset or wallet to decide which direction you want to go.

For the record, neither you (flattop1) or kartboy69 have been wrong about anything you've said about what can be done or that you do in the blueprinting process, I just don't agree that it leaves the end product as stock. I've seen both of your posts on other threads and you do have good info and feedback, it's just that in this particular case we don't fully see eye-to-eye. I'm sure you're both great people and we could learn a lot from one another.

If we really want to get technical about it, a PURE STOCK BUILD is just how you took it out of the box.

Put a chain guard and clutch on it, vent the gas cap on the ORIGINAL gas tank, unplug the oil sensor, adjut the rpm for a max range and go race it.

If we really want to get technical about it, a PURE STOCK BUILD is just how you took it out of the box.

Put a chain guard and clutch on it, vent the gas cap on the ORIGINAL gas tank, unplug the oil sensor, adjut the rpm for a max range and go race it.
To an extent, yeah, you're right. The problem I've seen, as have others I'm sure, is that there can be some things done that will if nothing else enhance the life of the motor. Heads and rods aren't always torqued evenly. The rings can be clearanced some. Honing the bore and stealing a little more clearance there...all perfectly fine so long as they stay within limits and the rules say you can do it. It's when you get into swapping parts with aftermarket and altering them to be outside of factory specs that I see it stepping away from stock.

That's why at this point I think the only way to settle this is to see the rule set that Smaro has to adhere to, otherwise we're all going to say what we think is the right way based on what we've seen at tracks we've raced at or built for.

By definition though, "pure stock" would be just that, pure, unaltered and how it came out of the box, you are 100% correct on that.

To an extent, yeah, you're right. The problem I've seen, as have others I'm sure, is that there can be some things done that will if nothing else enhance the life of the motor. Heads and rods aren't always torqued evenly. The rings can be clearanced some. Honing the bore and stealing a little more clearance there...all perfectly fine so long as they stay within limits and the rules say you can do it. It's when you get into swapping parts with aftermarket and altering them to be outside of factory specs that I see it stepping away from stock.

That's why at this point I think the only way to settle this is to see the rule set that Smaro has to adhere to, otherwise we're all going to say what we think is the right way based on what we've seen at tracks we've raced at or built for.

By definition though, "pure stock" would be just that, pure, unaltered and how it came out of the box, you are 100% correct on that.
(y)(y);)

Back