Pure stock spec cam

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
going to check total lift, duration 50* 200* both lobes on a hand full of out of the box cams. anyone already know theses specs? would like to have numbers to verify my work against.
is there a difference between the Hemi and the Non hemi specs??.. Maybe i'm looking for two sets of information.

I would like to know also but I have a feeling that stock cam specs are all over the place, like everything else Chinese, and manufactured by several companies. Their only goal is to make sure your rototiller motor will start easily and run at 3650 rpm for 90 days.

I am interested in checking and adjusting cam timing in a bone stock non hemi Predator, if needed. Its my understanding that there could possibly be some performance gains there. Or not. I could at least check.

Insight: this information is going to be used to police a class that requires "no replacement of internal parts" getting a range of stock lifts and duration will allow me to check center line and other aspects of a motor hopefully stopping the aftermarket cams...

Center lines are all over the place. That also changed the opening and closing event. However, I have never seen any of the predator cams even close to the clone cams at the .050 and the .200 check points. NEVER!!

First let’s discuss carburetion. The non-hemi engine will come with any one of three carburetors. SP, ruxing, huayi. The hemi engine only comes with the SP carburetor. All of the carburetors have .014 to .016 low and .028 to .031 high. Some of the carbs have a 140 e-tube and others have the clone tube. The only difference being the large hole in the 140 versus the small hole in the clone tube at the bottom. That tube and the entirety of the rest of the carburetor can be checked by all of the clone tools. As I stated earlier the center lines are all over the place anywhere from 105 to 118. I have seen lift on the intake as low as .208 and as high as .224. Duration is not always the same but relatively close from one cam to the next. At the .050 206 duration is the most I have seen. When compared to the clone of 214/221 you can see it is not close at all. Same at the .200 check. Predator around 73 degrees where the clone is allowed to be 81/88. I am soon to do a new video comparing the non hemi to the hemi.

First let’s discuss carburetion. The non-hemi engine will come with any one of three carburetors. SP, ruxing, huayi. The hemi engine only comes with the SP carburetor. All of the carburetors have .014 to .016 low and .028 to .031 high. Some of the carbs have a 140 e-tube and others have the clone tube. The only difference being the large hole in the 140 versus the small hole in the clone tube at the bottom. That tube and the entirety of the rest of the carburetor can be checked by all of the clone tools. As I stated earlier the center lines are all over the place anywhere from 105 to 118. I have seen lift on the intake as low as .208 and as high as .224. Duration is not always the same but relatively close from one cam to the next. At the .050 206 duration is the most I have seen. When compared to the clone of 214/221 you can see it is not close at all. Same at the .200 check. Predator around 73 degrees where the clone is allowed to be 81/88. I am soon to do a new video comparing the non hemi to the hemi.
HOLD THE PHONE !!! the stock out of the box predator hemi, SP carb could come with a 140 type etube !!!! and a jet as high as 31
That's a huge swing... tough to call out someone for an overszie jet if the 31 could be factory and we're teching for a 28 using a 29.5 pin as a no go.. please confirm this info is correct

Because of inconsistency in tooling to check the size and I have seen the jets all over the place, here in pa we decided to not allow anything over 031. However, I have very precise pin gauges and I have seen some mains at .030

Back