Purple at GKK

Anyone willing to help with numbers for purple plate 290 pound at GKK. We have never ran the track before. Just need some starting help. Thanks I’m advance

Here’s a good baseline for you
Total 303#’s
LF 59
RF 83
LR 118
RR 44
Nose % 46.8
Left 58.3%
Rear 53.2%
LF caster 10
RF caster 13
LF camber +0.5°
RF camber -2.5~-2.75°
toe RF 1/16” out
Toe LF 0

do this with your tires staggered properly. For the track.

if you need I can calculate and adjust

Here’s a good baseline for you
Total 303#’s
LF 59
RF 83
LR 118
RR 44
Nose % 46.8
Left 58.3%
Rear 53.2%
LF caster 10
RF caster 13
LF camber +0.5°
RF camber -2.5~-2.75°
toe RF 1/16” out
Toe LF 0

do this with your tires staggered properly. For the track.

if you need I can calculate and adjust
Thank you. We struggled the whole time. Wanted to pull left hard. Was about a second and half off pace, changed front right spindle height and it helped some with the pull but was still about a half second off pace.

Thank you. We struggled the whole time. Wanted to pull left hard. Was about a second and half off pace, changed front right spindle height and it helped some with the pull but was still about a half second off pace.
The half second was mostly tires, I'd want 47.2 % nose, 8 & 12 caster BUT since he's not liking the pull left, use 7 & 10, Both in rear holes, little less left 57.5 %.

If you need tire info I'd contact EARL at So Co tire treatments, even If you think you don't need tire info I'd still contact him lol !!
I'd say when he sees this in the morning he'll respond on set up as well, If he does just do as he suggest .

Good Luck !!

Whoops. Yes we were 66.3% cross.
Regarding the nose we’ve been 47.3~36.8. Actually a couple weeks ago we were really fast at 47.3 nose before we Left the house. During the heat races we lost our nose piece and raced with out it. That was our fastest lap times ever at that track. I should’ve brought it home and rescaled it. But didn’t.

Ken,
I was going to ask you about the caster settings. Last summer you told me 7&10. We’ve been on 10&13 since we’ve been racing. What’s the difference to the driver between 7/10 vs 10/13?

Regarding the nose we’ve been 47.3~36.8. Actually a couple weeks ago we were really fast at 47.3 nose before we Left the house. During the heat races we lost our nose piece and raced with out it. That was our fastest lap times ever at that track. I should’ve brought it home and rescaled it. But didn’t.

Ken,
I was going to ask you about the caster settings. Last summer you told me 7&10. We’ve been on 10&13 since we’ve been racing. What’s the difference to the driver between 7/10 vs 10/13?
With the 10 & 13 the steering will feel heavier to the driver as front end grips little harder, usually will increase the average running temps of the RF & RR tires.
The fact that you were faster most likely had to do with tires matching better VS less nose weight.

Last edited:
With the 10 & 13 the steering will feel heavier to the driver.
The fact that you were faster most likely had to do with tires matching better VS less nose weight.
I considered that. It was a new set of 21’s. We feathered them but we were screaming. Last to first. I didn’t adjust anything because of that. Just a note. But the numbers had to be drastically different.

Would we gain any advantage with 7/10? It is this simply a driver preference?

I considered that. It was a new set of 21’s. We feathered them but we were screaming. Last to first. I didn’t adjust anything because of that. Just a note. But the numbers had to be drastically different.

Pretty much so, If your driver likes the feel now I'd leave yours alone.

My point is when you better fast times, put that info in your tire bank VS set up, especially in a heat race.

Running 375 lb. class with a Jr Triton id be up around 60 left. And i believe you ran flathead in that class.
Carnesville is all about the tires, its a tricky place. But the numbers have to be correct also. Once those are right, any change you make is strictly tires.

Running 375 lb. class with a Jr Triton id be up around 60 left. And i believe you ran flathead in that class.
Carnesville is all about the tires, its a tricky place. But the numbers have to be correct also. Once those are right, any change you make is strictly tires.
The OP was asking about purple plate 290 lb that's what my suggestions were for.

Ken,
I added info to post #14

Back