purple plate build..help please

have some questions.. which timing key would be best? i have the arc flywheel made in 2011
will the bsp3 cam be ok?
which spark plug?
getting the green stripe springs, do i need to do anything to them?
what jet to start with? have a 38.
any other tips or pointers appreciated. thanks

Id suggest tossing the timing key and use a degree wheel find top dead center then set it off it by what it reads. mount the degree wheel on the pto side and set the timing around 35 degrees or so to compensate for coil retard when at wide open rpms. At wide open you will have around 32 deg. Use coarse lapping compound for valves to lock flywheel to the crank and install a washer between flywheel nut and starter cup and torque flywheel to 150 ft. lbs. I have yet to find a timing key myself that can give you the proper amount of timing. They just get you in the ball park lol. In my opinion jets good, need a hot plug like a Autolite 65 or 66 to burn the fuel because it will be on the rich side, cams good or you could use a cl-2 or cl1-I if its a small track Id suggest the Cl-1 original for little tracks. Run a big diameter header if you can over the wienie pipe it will make more power.

Hope this Helps,
Ralph Arnold II R.P.M. Motorsports
Manchester Speedway
www.manchesterspeedwaytn.com

With the ARC flywheel use a #2 key
Jet .026 on the small and .040 on the large jet
Them springs are good
Autolite 3910X

With the ARC flywheel use a #2 key
Jet .026 on the small and .040 on the large jet
Them springs are good
Autolite 3910X
That is a very big fat jet combo and will require alot more timing than a # 2 key can provide with my first edition arc fly wheel and a number 5 key it had 21 degrees acoriding to the degree wheel. another easy way to set timing and be close without a degree wheel is set the flywheel with the piston in the hole .250 thous. on the compression side of the stroke from top dead center, this should roughly give you 30 to 32 degrees timing

3910x plug is a cold plug with a .26 and .40 jet youll risk faulin alot of plugs from what ive seen I dont use that big a jet combo on my adult stockers it feedsem to much fuel and end up to fat and flood out.

i appreciate the info. 2 jets? i believe my carb just has 1 jet. and the flywheel has a production date 2011. was thinking that it had 24 degrees built in.

That is a very big fat jet combo and will require alot more timing than a # 2 key can provide with my first edition arc fly wheel and a number 5 key it had 21 degrees acoriding to the degree wheel. another easy way to set timing and be close without a degree wheel is set the flywheel with the piston in the hole .250 thous. on the compression side of the stroke from top dead center, this should roughly give you 30 to 32 degrees timing

3910x plug is a cold plug with a .26 and .40 jet youll risk faulin alot of plugs from what ive seen I dont use that big a jet combo on my adult stockers it feedsem to much fuel and end up to fat and flood out.

Our adult motors have smaller jets then our restricted plated motors. And yes your right with the bigger jets you would need more timing.

Back