Purple plate gearing

The last two or three races I have ran a 14/58 turning in the 4800 to 4900 rpm range. I am thinking about trying a 15/60 the last race. I am starting to loose a few less rpm drop. See if I can pick up a little speed. I am stuck at 38.0 mph.
Your taking to much into gearing, as soon as you came off the track with the 14/58 and turned mid 4800 rpm, IF you could have went back out immediately and you would have left everything else alone but put a 15/60 on you would have turned from 170 to 190 less rpm, putting you in the high 4600 range, and you would be slower. Now IF you can find the added speed with Tires, Set up, driver ability, that creates more forward drive and go with the 15/60 AND turn 4850 rpm then and ONLY then will you find any speed.

Well I can't do anymore with the tires I have. Set up, I am close to what Prowler says. Driver ability, well that's another question. I guess the 14/58 is close for what I have. Last race I was a little better on rpm drop.. i thought with that I may could gear a little different.

Back