Purple plate PSI

4zracing

This is our first year running. We are purple plate. My son is tall and big for his age. We are at about a 30-35lb disadvantage to start. Thoughts on setting up kart with increased air pressures? Most people I’ve spoke with in my area run in the neighborhood of L 3 and R 4. Any help appreciated!

You could be higher on air to gain roll speed, but you'll have to put more chemical bite back in the tires to retain sidebite.
For big tracks, we would get way up on air.
A lot depends on the sidewall construction of the tire you are on.
If your competitors are on that low of air currently, I suspect that you're running a very small low/no bite track.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You could be higher on air to gain roll speed, but you'll have to put more chemical bite back in the tires to retain sidebite.
For big tracks, we would get way up on air.
A lot depends on the sidewall construction of the tire you are on.
If your competitors are on that low of air currently, I suspect that you're running a very small low/no bite track.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
We are on a Burris only track. Typically 33b

Most people I’ve spoke with in my area run in the neighborhood of L 3 and R 4. Any help appreciated!
Are the people you're speaking with also running purple plate?

I see that you mention this is your 1st year. If you have someone that is willing to give advise you have to consider the variables between the class the person giving advise is running vs your class. There are some things that translate well between JR and SR classes and other things, such as air pressure, not as much. You'll likely be better off sharing what you're doing along with the handling characteristics than running what you hear other racers doing.

Are 33B's the popular tire at your track? My limited experience with them is not a tire I would choose unless I had to or the track was cold & wet. The B's seem to lose speed after they sit for a period of time because they harden up and/or after a handful of runs.

Purple plate on Burris and being your giving up 30 + pounds of weight, 90 % chance at 3 an 4 lb of air your to low, is 3 an 4 where others in your class are at, or where SR Classes are at ?

Purple plate on Burris and being your giving up 30 + pounds of weight, 90 % chance at 3 an 4 lb of air your to low, is 3 an 4 where others in your class are at, or where SR Classes are at ?
What would u rec. My engine guy said 5 and 6? Track owner said 4 and 4.5. The guy in medium clone that wins weekly runs 3 and 3.5

What would u rec. My engine guy said 5 and 6? Track owner said 4 and 4.5. The guy in medium clone that wins weekly runs 3 and 3.5
Low grip I'd stick with half pound split, you can run 1 lb more than clone medium for sure, maybe even 2 I'd start 1 lb more and if I had grip keep adding half pound until it slides.

Low grip I'd stick with half pound split, you can run 1 lb more than clone medium for sure, maybe even 2 I'd start 1 lb more and if I had grip keep adding half pound until it slides.
With the added air should I prep more aggressively? Also should I adjust driver? Benefit of 14 or 15 coming out corner

With the added air should I prep more aggressively? Also should I adjust driver? Benefit of 14 or 15 coming out corner
No provided your prepped properly now,
With that being said do you know how your tires compare durometer to the guy running clone medium, I responded to your gearing thread.

Back