Purple plate PSI

Not everyone is on Bs or low air at Wheelersburg.
I'd say 4/5 is more common in adult classes. You can run lower if you can't get ahold of the track, sure, but with the limited power of a jr1, I'd be on MORE air and MUCH more bite in the tires. 1 1/2" - 1 1/2" stagger, high crown cuts early on, then crown or intermediate cuts for the feature. You can have the tires punching 40-ish, but more importantly is to get enough bite in the tires and a harsh PRW to get them to hit the first couple of laps.

I'd say 4/5 is more common in adult classes. You can run lower if you can't get ahold of the track, sure, but with the limited power of a jr1, I'd be on MORE air and MUCH more bite in the tires. 1 1/2" - 1 1/2" stagger, high crown cuts early on, then crown or intermediate cuts for the feature. You can have the tires punching 40-ish, but more importantly is to get enough bite in the tires and a harsh PRW to get them to hit the first couple of laps.
We are new and any suggestions are very appreciated.

What prep you rec?

While some run Bs there, many run 33As. You will want to prep them down "some" to get them to the duro you want, then add a ton of bite with a good soft base prep. I would recommend our Monster Bite for getting the duro down, then follow up with our Black Bite 2.0 to get the bite you want/need. (More coats = more bite.)
A lot of guys there are just killing tires with Green (or Green/Goat) and throwing fresh tires on the car every time it hits the track. The thing with doing that is that you need a ton of tires in your library to keep up with however many nights you race per week, and letting them dry out for a couple weeks after killing them with harsh prep like that. Not many new teams have that kind of tire inventory.
Our prep is entirely different and doesn't hurt the tires at all. You can use our prep all night long.
To each their own -- both methods work well on the track.
If you'd like to give us a call at the shop, I'd be glad to talk to you personally about our tire and prep line.

We run and live close to wheelersburg, I knew that was the track you was talking about when you said everyone is on B’s. There are a few people that run a’s sometimes but the majority and the fast guys are on B’s. For purple plate I would start on 4-4.5 and go up from there when the track gets good we’re usually on 5-6 or 6-7 for features in plate classes

We run and live close to wheelersburg, I knew that was the track you was talking about when you said everyone is on B’s. There are a few people that run a’s sometimes but the majority and the fast guys are on B’s. For purple plate I would start on 4-4.5 and go up from there when the track gets good we’re usually on 5-6 or 6-7 for features in plate classes
Typically what driver gear?

Back