Purpose of the Throttle Stop.

So is there an advantage of using the Throttle Stop or just remove it all together. Does it delay the butterfly from opening all the way or not. Needing guidance for this. Thanks

The throttle stop on top of the carb prevents opening the butterfly beyond a desired point, which equates to closing the butterfly. The throttle stop on the pedal prevents the driver from yanking the engine off the mount when they want to go faster. Or am I missing your question?

The throttle stop on top of the carb prevents opening the butterfly beyond a desired point, which equates to closing the butterfly. The throttle stop on the pedal prevents the driver from yanking the engine off the mount when they want to go faster. Or am I missing your question?
Just new to the predator deal. I was told to remove throttle stop & stretch governor spring for appropriate rpm which is 5500. I personally assumed that the throttle stop being just installed would keep the butterfly from opening all the way.

Two separate items .
The throttle shaft has a built in stop to keep from over rotating the throttle blade.
The hand throttle / speed control has an adjustment screw to adjust engine speed .
This assembly will need tweaking to obtain the desired rpm .

Two separate items .
The throttle shaft has a built in stop to keep from over rotating the throttle blade.
The hand throttle / speed control has an adjustment screw to adjust engine speed .
This assembly will need tweaking to obtain the desired rpm .
Thank you. So in all honestly u only need to adjust the throttle stop for appropriate rpm & just leave the governor spring alone. Correct.

https://4cycle.com/karting/threads/preditor-motor-govonor-help.99590/unreadThe screw alone may not do it .
You have a harbour freight predator engine ?
With the stock throttle assembly intact ?
Will it even hit 5400 if you hold it open by hand ?
If so you need to make your assembly do what you need .
Shorten the spring get a differnt spring move the rod around in the avalible holes .
I dislike governor's even on utility equipment but there a necessary evil then .

DynoDon
May 21, 2018
Add bookmark
Put more tension on the long spring
AKRA Northeast National Tech Instructor
AKRA Northeast Representative
No one ever gave a critic an award.

So in box stock you could adjust the governor by using the throttle stop and spring to get 5500 on the stand if that is the max rpm at your track.

Back