Pursuit and Caster holes

Does anyone have any opinion on which caster holes are best for the Pursuit? Which is recommended by Slack? Which is best when the spacer block is used on the RF?

Last edited:
I didn’t see anything from Slack regarding the forward/back caster holes. Also, I didn’t see anything on the RF spacer.

Currently we’re using the forward LF and the back RF with the spacer.

That spacer thing confuses me. What's the reason for choosing each variation? Why would you put it in the front without the spacer, and then with it, and why would you put it in the back with or without the spacer?

could be it transfers weight to much/to little in other hole? its a little thing .25 maybe? its for high bite tracks. Southeast clay vs northern dirt. some like it others may not. the Pursuit was fast before the option. They are always testing and have several factory drivers trying out different things. those who tried it an liked it have it in the rear hole. Fast drivers i know have it in the rear hole and are very successful on the track.

all you really need is a skid pad
Could you tell me what is going to change by moving the LF caster block from front hole to back hole? Running an 18 expect and have had it in front hole all season on 1/8 mile medium to low bite momentum style track. If I just moved it back and adjusted all numbers to be the same as with it in the forward hole what would the expected result be?

As mentioned before, it's more a speed of weight transfer change than anything. Sort of depends where you run. If you're changing just to be changing don't bother. If you have a handling issue and are sure you have covered all the the other things that can be causing problems give Slack a call and hear them out.

Could you tell me what is going to change by moving the LF caster block from front hole to back hole? Running an 18 expect and have had it in front hole all season on 1/8 mile medium to low bite momentum style track. If I just moved it back and adjusted all numbers to be the same as with it in the forward hole what would the expected result be?
Couldn’t tell you as I’ve never changed it. I never mess with caster or moving the block to this or that hole I rely on the factory settings and what the pros are doing. I focus on camber and cross.but once set I leave it alone. it’s all tires and pressure for me from there Keep it simple that’s what works. If you want to chase everything down and scale yourself at the track changing this that and the other. Have at it

I can tell you the recommended caster settings aren't always ideal on the new pursuits... we've found speed with some totally different caster numbers ;)

1 fasttiller we are listening
Don't be afraid to experiment, we're working closely with Nick @ Slack and trying things here on the Florida dirt so I can't go into details just yet but both our Jr Kart and Heavy kart found that reverse caster numbers tend to help make the kart more driveable especially with very high cross.

Back