Pursuit caster block spacer

ronbush915

I was wondering what people think of this r/f caster block spacer they came out with. I have it in my daughters 2021 and we are struggling to get kart to turn push on entrance. Can anyone explain the advantages and disadvantage the spacer kit. We run 1/8 to 3/16 we where at lockhart tonight and struggle to get kart to turn. Pushing on entrance. I was talking to a big slack guy he was saying they mess with caster with spacer.
Thanks in advance

We have a 2021 pursuit as well been having a problem with push on exit when the kart is fast enough to win or run up front at the series races here in central Pa, I can fix the push BUT then the kart has no roll speed and is 3th off the pace, Jon Keister has had the kart to check it out, and infact raced it last saturday himself at pennscreek and won with it said no push, he's running it again today at BMS race at selinsgrove , so i'll be in his trailer at some point, I discussed the block with him briefly per text and heard what I expected to hear the spacer is not going to help our situation, anyway I will be getting a detailed explanation on the spacer today and I will pass the info onto you about the spacer, plus the info on what adjustments he made to the kart if any . Stay tuned !!

We have a 2021 pursuit as well been having a problem with push on exit when the kart is fast enough to win or run up front at the series races here in central Pa, I can fix the push BUT then the kart has no roll speed and is 3th off the pace, Jon Keister has had the kart to check it out, and infact raced it last saturday himself at pennscreek and won with it said no push, he's running it again today at BMS race at selinsgrove , so i'll be in his trailer at some point, I discussed the block with him briefly per text and heard what I expected to hear the spacer is not going to help our situation, anyway I will be getting a detailed explanation on the spacer today and I will pass the info onto you about the spacer, plus the info on what adjustments he made to the kart if any . Stay tuned !!
Thank you sir

I was wondering what people think of this r/f caster block spacer they came out with. I have it in my daughters 2021 and we are struggling to get kart to turn push on entrance. Can anyone explain the advantages and disadvantage the spacer kit. We run 1/8 to 3/16 we where at lockhart tonight and struggle to get kart to turn. Pushing on entrance. I was talking to a big slack guy he was saying they mess with caster with spacer.
Thanks in advance
The spacer is for freeing up the RF if you have kart that is dumping on the RF to much to quickly, the spacer will slow transfer and even it out from dumping all at once, so in your case you would want to remove the spacer, they don't adjust caster based on the spacer being in or not, if they need the RF to grip more they move RF block to the rear hole.

Caster camber king pin inclination. You adjust caster your playing with all of those things at the same time. If the track has bite to it you want the spacer but don’t put it in the forward hole.

Keister is not using the spacer block, and RF is in the Front hole, our tracks here make decent grip. Just won pro flathead today at selinsgrove with it that way, track wasn't as good as selinsgrove normally gets, but still good grip.

Same here no roll speed in center
Caster camber king pin inclination. You adjust caster your playing with all of those things at the same time. If the track has bite to it you want the spacer but don’t put it in the forward hole.
thanks

Keister is not using the spacer block, and RF is in the Front hole, our tracks here make decent grip. Just won pro flathead today at selinsgrove with it that way, track wasn't as good as selinsgrove normally gets, but still good grip.
Good job on the win. Im going to remove and try it
I have it in the forward hole maybe that’s some of my issue

cross? if your pushing 67-70% your problem is there. I know the current trend is to set them high but with this chassis you will be creating an understeer problem.

I have 63 cross was in front hole like the stock block. I did find out from performance it’s better in rear hole.
Every factory driver and everyone I know runs it in the back. Your cross is good for the front end to be tight what are the other numbers?

Cross is the balance between the traction of the front vs the rear. If adjusting cross does not do that, your chassis is not set up correctly. That’s how cross works
Cross is part of the balance that must work in harmony with the entire set up, and is a fine tune adjustment that will maximize speed potential for the entire set up you try, and to say anything over 67 % will create a push always is simply not true.
Especially without knowing the rest of the entire set up info, a reminder again to anyone reading thinking handling issue adjustments are always set in stone do this or that, that's not how it work's its not that easy. The other week I had discussion with you on nose weight you basically stated a push is always to much nose weight, now it's anything over 67 % cross , now like the nose weight discussion I only point this out so the newer guy's don't think it's that easy, best fixed handling issues are all in the details which will be multiple. Here is an always statement you can count on, no chassis or set up will be fast without the tires being close to perfect.

Cross is part of the balance that must work in harmony with the entire set up, and is a fine tune adjustment that will maximize speed potential for the entire set up you try, and to say anything over 67 % will create a push always is simply not true.
Especially without knowing the rest of the entire set up info, a reminder again to anyone reading thinking handling issue adjustments are always set in stone do this or that, that's not how it work's its not that easy. The other week I had discussion with you on nose weight you basically stated a push is always to much nose weight, now it's anything over 67 % cross , now like the nose weight discussion I only point this out so the newer guy's don't think it's that easy, best fixed handling issues are all in the details which will be multiple. Here is an always statement you can count on, no chassis or set up will be fast without the tires being close to perfect.
excessive nose weight will create a push. think of a front engined front wheel drive car with the engine forward of the axle. they push like crazy vs a 911 with the engine hanging behind the axle they oversteer like mad (air heads) vs the ideal mid engine design with the weight (engine and driver) in-between the axles. cross is weight between the right front and the left rear. you can over load the right front and get too much nose while achieving high cross. but it is an ill handling kart. setting weight here and there to get your scales right without knowing its effects is going about it the wrong way. if you understand what you doing, it is that easy.

excessive nose weight will create a push. think of a front engined front wheel drive car with the engine forward of the axle. they push like crazy vs a 911 with the engine hanging behind the axle they oversteer like mad (air heads) vs the ideal mid engine design with the weight (engine and driver) in-between the axles. cross is weight between the right front and the left rear. you can over load the right front and get too much nose while achieving high cross. but it is an ill handling kart. setting weight here and there to get your scales right without knowing its effects is going about it the wrong way. if you understand what you doing, it is that easy.
Never said any different infact I pointed that out when we had the nose discussion, what your saying here would be true if the RF was overload, my dispute then was same as here now with cross, is there is no always just do whatever and it's fixed. Any push first you must determine why , is the RF overloaded or underloaded, and it's like 70 % or more that it's because of an underloaded RF.

Back