Push

Packman88

This is probably gonna be a silly post but just wanna get some feedback. We have a 17 MINecon , we run a 270 lb stock predator class on treaded hoosiers. Tonight it was pushing like a lead sled in the apex . I had about 1.5 roll across the back and little over 2scross the front. I know this wasn't helping so i swapped and got the biggger tire on rr and smaller on rf. It did help some but still had a push. When we scaled it we had these numbers:

47.1 - Nose

54.7 - left

67.5 - cross .
At this time the camber was off, after we scaled it and got home I realized the motor was forward about 4 inches in front of rear nerf spud, and all the way right. So I moved the motor back and to the left. Also at this time I set the camber with the boy in the kart , and got it +.25 and -2.50 . my question is how far was we off with our numbers, and is it possible it changed the numbers after I changed camber, and moved the motor around. I appreciate any input , thoughts, or suggestions, I am still learning these new karts so I do appreciate it.

Thanks

What were the cambers as raced before you re-set them ? Are the treads a tire rule ? How big is the track ?
We never raced since we scaled. Or reset camber on it.....or after I made the changes, tonight was first time ever running it. Treads are a rule, 1/7 mile tight corners

We never raced since we scaled. Or reset camber on it.....or after I made the changes, tonight was first time ever running it. Treads are a rule, 1/7 mile tight corners
You reset camber on scales and gained 2% cross .
Engine needs too be at or near the nerf bar spud .
The cross needs reduced 10% .

I have a spreadsheet for calculating stagger, give me some numbers and I'll see what it comes up with. LR circumference, rear tread width C – C, radius of the turn (close). The results will be the circumference of the RR needed for that radius turned.

Our lefts are hoosier 11.0/6.5-6 , the roll right around 34, 34.5

I have a spreadsheet for calculating stagger, give me some numbers and I'll see what it comes up with. LR circumference, rear tread width C – C, radius of the turn (close). The results will be the circumference of the RR needed for that radius turned.
He knows what he needs, problem is he can't get tires sized right.

Al think about this even the experienced guy's don't know the track turn true radius, yet alone the newer guys, so guessing at giving you an estimated radius chances of that even being close is very low odds, so in return the stagger info you give them is useless.

This is the information I need, in the red cells.
View attachment 6493

Al, the original poster explained to you in his question for help " Tonight it was pushing like a lead sled in the apex" .

Al your spread sheet per it's title is about "different radius turns" and changing C-C(which I assume is center to center rear track width) to match differing radius turns.

My question to you Al is if we look at a turn(any turn) in its three parts of entry, so called apex and exit each of which all normally vary in diameter, which turn circumference input is needed? The original poster Al was asking about a problem during turn apex not through the whole turn.

Can you help him out at the apex of the turn without effecting other parts of the turn? That's what he's asking about and not looking for general guidance through an entire end of the track.

Back