Pushing horrible

Colt sr

I have a 2011 shadow envii... Currently racing flathead 360 class cause they don't offer a fatboy class... No lead on kart... Was thinking of moving spindle to fix the problem... Which way do i move the washers to loosen me up... Btw i have no scales or access to them...

Unless the cross is xtremely high doubt just changing it will fix it, How many washers are on the bottom of the RF & how many total ? and how many are on top of the LF ? You say camber is good but what are they set at ?

.5 lf and -3° rf... Let me go count the washers again... Was told to move 2-3 washers on rf from bottom to top to loosen up just trying to verify

I weigh at the track around 415... Was wondering if maybe i put a 5 or 10lb puck in the nose might keep me from pushing since i weigh 225 and most weight on left rear

.5 lf and -3° rf... Let me go count the washers again... Was told to move 2-3 washers on rf from bottom to top to loosen up just trying to verify
No taking away from the bottom on RF & moving to top would add cross which would make it worse, But sounds like you got more going on than just 1 adjustment will fix.

I agree cross is not going too fix this .
No scaling i would raise the right front spindle all the way up , move the left all the way down and add 10 lbs too the front .

Air pressure most likely little high, set front washers closer to even up, I'd do 2 more on RF top than bottom and even up on the LF, I'd take out 2 flats of RF camber lowering it from the -3 to little less than 2.75 and try it, If still pushing then add weight to the nose.
Still curious to know where the washers are now.

If you're running the 1/4 mile track @ Columbus, your air pressure is just fine.
Move your seat further forward - notch the front of it to fit around the steering post if needed.
Do you know what the caster is set at on your kart? If the kart was last set up to run on coke syrup, you won't handle worth anything on loose sandy dirt.
Dropping the front spindle (both) will increase a small amount of nose weight, but won't be nearly as good as moving the seat forward to get more nose percentage.
Is the rear axle set in the correct height?
Move the left rear out - what is your rear tracking?

I would not add weight until you make sure that you have exhausted all other possibilities of getting the kart scale numbers correct without the weight first. Being already so much over the class weight, you don't need to be adding any more.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

There might be nothing you can do. I'm in the same boat on asphalt. Hard to overcome the physics of a large mammal in a small kart.

I feel that without scaling it, you are going to be fighting an uphill battle. What prevents you from getting it on scales? Bathroom scales would be a lot better than just adjusting in the dark.

Colt, do you run at the Bartholomew County Fairgrounds? If so we can throw you on my scales this Saturday and take a look at things.

Back