Pushing on exit

Congrats on the wins.

The scale numbers you finished on are a bit surprising but seemed to work for your driver. If you're achieving the numbers you would expect with the changes you're making then all is good. If the numbers surprise you then you might want to review your scaling process (verify scales are reading the proper weight, they're level front to back, side to side, and diagonally. You're on the racing air pressures with the driver with his equipment on in the kart. It's also good to raise the kart off of the scale pads and set back down after changes and make sure the reading repeat).

Were you on the same tires this whole time? Not sure when your last race was but I would imagine the track changed from August through October. I mention this as what works in the Fall might not work in the Summer.

If it won't turn, more bite if it gets worse, probably to aggressive ir wrong prep, most confuse a push for a slide, most karts that won't turn nowadays are lacking bite. This site is so bad for new folks, set the numbers to the factory, never change them, when you learn tires and are running with the fastest group, then make small changes to get that one to two tenths if it is kart setup, you learn nothing by changing your kart every week till you learn how to change bite when needed in your tires. You very seldom kearn anything off a forum. You learn from notes and hopefully someone who will help at track if you can find them.

Last edited:
Congrats on the wins.

The scale numbers you finished on are a bit surprising but seemed to work for your driver. If you're achieving the numbers you would expect with the changes you're making then all is good. If the numbers surprise you then you might want to review your scaling process (verify scales are reading the proper weight, they're level front to back, side to side, and diagonally. You're on the racing air pressures with the driver with his equipment on in the kart. It's also good to raise the kart off of the scale pads and set back down after changes and make sure the reading repeat).

Were you on the same tires this whole time? Not sure when your last race was but I would imagine the track changed from August through October. I mention this as what works in the Fall might not work in the Summer.
Verifying the scales is the 1st thing I do after leveling using a six foot level with a digital level. F to B 0.0, S to S 0.0, RF to LR 0.0 and LF to RR 0.1. I have a 13.1 LBS weight I check each corner with and all read 13.1 LBS. All weights and chassis settings are taken with the driver in and full equipment. He even leans to his left like he does during the race. Same tires, air pressures and stagger are duplicated. When making adjustments the kart is rolled off the scale and rolled back to take the reading. This off/on is repeated after scaling to verify the numbers.

The last race was Nov. 6th with 55*F ambient temperature. I have help from a tire person as to which prep used and how much. Now if I can repeat this methodology next year, I hope we'll be very competitive.

Verifying the scales is the 1st thing I do after leveling using a six foot level with a digital level. F to B 0.0, S to S 0.0, RF to LR 0.0 and LF to RR 0.1. I have a 13.1 LBS weight I check each corner with and all read 13.1 LBS. All weights and chassis settings are taken with the driver in and full equipment. He even leans to his left like he does during the race. Same tires, air pressures and stagger are duplicated. When making adjustments the kart is rolled off the scale and rolled back to take the reading. This off/on is repeated after scaling to verify the numbers.

The last race was Nov. 6th with 55*F ambient temperature. I have help from a tire person as to which prep used and how much. Now if I can repeat this methodology next year, I hope we'll be very competitive.
He shouldn't be leaning, having to lean means there's a setup issue or it's a bad habit that needs broke

He shouldn't be leaning, having to lean means there's a setup issue or it's a bad habit that needs broke
He's not the only driver leaning over. He must feel comfy doing it. Besides, 2 of the top 4 drivers do the same. Maybe that's where he picked it up. I sure ain't saying anything if he starts bringing home the wins.

He's not the only driver leaning over. He must feel comfy doing it. Besides, 2 of the top 4 drivers do the same. Maybe that's where he picked it up. I sure ain't saying anything if he starts bringing home the wins.
Leaning upsets the balance.
Leaning is a band aid for a setup issue

Back