PVL coil with Motoplat

I just discovered my buddies Rotax 250 is equipped with a Motoplat stator but is running on a PVL coil. Anyone else ever run this combo? I've always heard the timing curve is in the coil. If that's the case then I wonder if the curve is different on the PVL vs a Motoplat coil.

PVL makes a replacement coil for the motoplate. Maybe that is what nyou have. The is no curve in a motoplate it is a straight ignition.

I've got 2 that have motoplats and pvl coils. Bought one at comet yrs ago & took the number off it and bought 1 on E-steal also.LOL.

There's an universal PVL coil that will work with the Motoplat ignition and if not mistaken, it will work with the Selettra also.It's priced at $165.00 the last time i bought one.Comet Karting sells them.

Here's the # on the one I got from comet yrs back. 105 465. Also your large spade on the Motoplat goes to the smallest one on the PVL. Don't ask I found out the hard way.Lol. If you need pics send me an email addy & I'll take some of this one and send them to you. Bobby Garland Jr.

Back