Qualifying Tires

Rookie Dad

I am looking for qualifying tire advice. We run at Providence raceway in Virginia. We have been good for the race, but we just aren't aggressive enough during qualifying. The tires don't seem to fire off during qualifying. We are running an extra lb of air pressure and that helped but we are still not were we need to be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for qualifying tire advice. We run at Providence raceway in Virginia. We have been good for the race, but we just aren't aggressive enough during qualifying. The tires don't seem to fire off during qualifying. We are running an extra lb of air pressure and that helped but we are still not were we need to be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
What class is this for? Red plate from the name i am guessing.

Free the kart up and use a more aggressive bite prep as your PRW to get the sidebite back that you gave up by going for more roll speed.
I prefer our Monster Bite, but there are plenty of preps available (probably some that you already own) that will get the job done. Just be careful not to put too much bite in them and lock yourself down.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If it's a jr driver make sure they hit their marks every turn, doesn't take much to make you qualify bad. With younger drivers come race time they will follow the kart in front of them and pick up speed.

Back