Question about .274 camshaft

oneman

Hello, I would like to know about .274 camshafts. I would like to order a .274-0207 or .274-0211 camshaft. My clone engine is 72x58mm, 28x25 valves, 37lb springs, 27mm carburetor, aluminum flywheel and ARC connecting rod. compression ratio 10.5:1. rocker champion HD chromo pushrod.

we use the motor on the go-kart. On our tracks, according to telemetry, the minimum rpm is: 2500, the maximum is 7500-8000.

Usually we use 3 racing tracks, one of them with several high-speed sections where the speed is maximum, the second track with many turns and few high-speed sections, and the third track is something in the middle but closer to the high-speed one.

Can you recommend camshaft of these two.

I have experience using a .307 camshaft, but it runs at high rpm and I feel a loss in the low end.

Call a couple of cam companies, tell them what you have and what you are wanting to achieve and take their advice. They will ask you questions about your deal that you haven't mentioned to us.
Personally, I would bet you have a lack of corner speed which is keeping you from getting the cam to work as it was designed. 2500 rpm is awfully low.

We ran the 274-0211 in my daughters kart, installed at 100 ICL on a 10:1 motor. It is very torquey and picks up quick off the corner, on dirt it was hard to hook up with the cvt. And it was out of steam at 7k. A .308 at 106icl was much smoother and still reved.

Call a couple of cam companies, tell them what you have and what you are wanting to achieve and take their advice. They will ask you questions about your deal that you haven't mentioned to us.
Personally, I would bet you have a lack of corner speed which is keeping you from getting the cam to work as it was designed. 2500 rpm is awfully low.
Thanks! I emailed NRracing and they advised me to use 274-0607 camshaft with with dual springs and 1.2 ratio rocker arms.
We ran the 274-0211 in my daughters kart, installed at 100 ICL on a 10:1 motor. It is very torquey and picks up quick off the corner, on dirt it was hard to hook up with the cvt. And it was out of steam at 7k. A .308 at 106icl was much smoother and still reved.
Thank you, I appreciate your experience!

Back