Question About Hoosier Slicks

DRC21

Around my are i am getting a rumor about how good these tires are. That you dont have to prep them or anything. Just run them and there still great tires. Anyone else have opinion on these. Cause im about to buy a set and change out my Maxxis

The only problem I have had with Hoosiers is that others at my track have quit looking weird at mine and have bought their own. :) Hoosiers don't need as much prep as some other brands, and IMO are forgiving if you don't get them just right, but don't expect to get by with no prepping. If you haven't seen it yet, Brian Carlson's website has a lot of information on Hoosiers: http://www.carlsonmotorsports.com/HoosierTire.HTM

I got a chance to feel and looks at a new set of Hoosiers at the track a few weeks ago and they were unprepped, and felt just as grippy as the Maxxis that were prepped. we were using goat pee but the hoosiers felt great and the guy said he loved them. I would defiantly like to get a set but I don't have the funds for testing new tires right now. I say if you have the cash I would get a set and see how you like um.

Thanks for your kind words and the referral, REE72. Our site is a bit dated, as this year's Hoosier tires are slightly different. They are certainly gaining popularity. They don't need as much prep as some other brands of tires, but you will likely still prep them. If anyone has any questions at all on Hoosiers, just give us a call here at the shop. We not only sell them, we race them.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back