Question about Stock Appearing

not i ..... that’s a lesson you only learn once. Now if it’s a mild build...you can get away with it but that one time it kicks back you’ll be buying a starter

Slowly pull the rope until you feel compression then pull only far enough to get through that compression cycle about 12". It's the second time it tries to fire that it will bite you.

WHAT IM REALLY ASKING IS HOW MANY TRACKS RUN THERE STOCK APPEARING WHERE YOU HAVE TO USE PULL STARTER RATHER THEN A STARTER

I'm in western Kentucky and all the tracks around here and middle Tennessee make us use pull ropes.

Broken ropes usually come from the guys you yank the rope all the way to the end. Most everyone runs cams with a compression release on them so starting isn't too traumatic.

Its a tillson
Ok so clone... you can more than likely get away with the compression release cam if it’s a mild build. I know it’s extra parts that could break but it would help you get it going. Even if you have to add some lifter preload and give it a little shot of go go juice to help ya

Around here it was started at local levels and was something for for guys who couldnt afford to play the clone game but wanted to hot rod their predators. The idea wasn't about the starters, it was to keep everyone from going out and buying race cams just because they didn't have the compression release. Yes I know they cost the same. And for a couple of years it was just guys slapping stuff together in their garages and going out to have fun. Big kart counts, fun class, inexpensive.... until it wasn't. Somebody showed up with a store bought hot rod that fit the vague rules and kicked everyones butt. Then another guy, and another...til the class dwindled. What took its place was a class with the same rules except there's a $300 claim on the long block plus carb. Now it is the bigger class. We took our now non competitive stock appearings and run that class. Really its almost a backyard track class, at least in its beginning but now I see it being formalized and a series going which isn't far from the small block open classes.

Back