Question

sho900

i have more traction on the rear tires and i want to balance it with the front. How do you suggest i do this. first step, second, etc i want to make my front tires more dominant or the rear less. My kart is tight. i want to be a little more free with out having to fight the wheel....thanks

another thing i may add both my castor blocks are in the back position... someone told me to move the right caster block in the forward position. any thoughts on that?

i meant if your at the track and your kart is tight... what adjustments could be made AT THE TRACK
Couldnt tell you the correct answer without first knowing what scale numbers i had before i got to the track, otherwise we are just throwing a "band aid" fix at it.
If i knew my numbers were right, tires are the adjustment id make at the track.

another thing i may add both my castor blocks are in the back position... someone told me to move the right caster block in the forward position. any thoughts on that?
No, don't.
Get your kart scaled out and let's see what we've got to work with. Tell us some more about the chassis set-up currently, caster, camber, etc.
It may be that you simply don't have enough caster, or that the seat is mounted too far back... who knows at this point.
"Tight in" tells me that you don't have enough rear stagger - that's the first thing I'd address (AFTER you have some valid scale and set-up info.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

More in general forward for bigger tracks, back for smaller more bull ring tracks, but I've seen really fast karts go against that theory.

my scale numbers are without the body or my helmet on ... body i believe is 15 lbs helmet 3 to 4 lbs. Total weight 370 left side 61.7 cross 51.2
nose is 43.7 my header pipe is right next to my arm i need to get a barrier to protect from getting burned. i can't move my motor to the right it is max right now. i have a Recon kart

No, don't.
Get your kart scaled out and let's see what we've got to work with. Tell us some more about the chassis set-up currently, caster, camber, etc.
It may be that you simply don't have enough caster, or that the seat is mounted too far back... who knows at this point.
"Tight in" tells me that you don't have enough rear stagger - that's the first thing I'd address (AFTER you have some valid scale and set-up info.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
i posted my scale numbers below....... i attempted to set my camber at .25 and -2.75 couple of weeks ago...... for some reason when we scaled today my friend fixed my toe which was off (the right side especially)... he also said my right camber was - 4. something way out of whack.... so he set them at .25 and -2.75 and toe is 1/16 toe out on the left front... right side is 0 toe..... i feel like I'm good to go and see how it handles on the track but i won't know till next week... i still feel i have too much left side weight with no room to move motor to the right...

my scale numbers are without the body or my helmet on ... body i believe is 15 lbs helmet 3 to 4 lbs. Total weight 370 left side 61.7 cross 51.2
nose is 43.7 my header pipe is right next to my arm i need to get a barrier to protect from getting burned. i can't move my motor to the right it is max right now. i have a Recon kart
Recon nose should be at 45, but the cross on yours is so low it will never work like it was designed. Cross should be at minimum 66 and most are at or over 70.

Back