Question

my scale numbers are without the body or my helmet on ... body i believe is 15 lbs helmet 3 to 4 lbs. Total weight 370 left side 61.7 cross 51.2
nose is 43.7 my header pipe is right next to my arm i need to get a barrier to protect from getting burned. i can't move my motor to the right it is max right now. i have a Recon kart
Something is bad wrong to only have 51% cross on a Recon. Maybe you can get someone local (kart shop or veteran racer) to help you with scaling and set-up. Tire sizes may be out of whack, caster blocks, rear axle, spindle or frame bent....something is amiss here.
Also, where are you racing & what tires (treads, slicks, Burris, Maxxis)?
I wouldn't attempt to run 70* cross on some of our midwest black dirt oval tracks with Burris tires...but on higher bite southern tracks, running 65+% cross is what you want....Like Earl said, 70* is the norm.

Recon nose should be at 45, but the cross on yours is so low it will never work like it was designed. Cross should be at minimum 66 and most are at or over 70.
Something is bad wrong to only have 51% cross on a Recon. Maybe you can get someone local (kart shop or veteran racer) to help you with scaling and set-up. Tire sizes may be out of whack, caster blocks, rear axle, spindle or frame bent....something is amiss here.
Also, where are you racing & what tires (treads, slicks, Burris, Maxxis)?
I wouldn't attempt to run 70* cross on some of our midwest black dirt oval tracks with Burris tires...but on higher bite southern tracks, running 65+% cross is what you want....Like Earl said, 70* is the norm.
sorry the cross is 59.2 it looked way more like a 1 than a 9 sorry about that.... i have to go to work right now

I'm assuming you rescaled

What about the corner weights after changing the camber. 3.75 change in camber will change your weights by quite a bit.

What about the rear stagger?

What about the track, any descriptions. Centerfield width, length? Any breaking going in? Trail breaking, what it's called, can make you think there's a push. Oversteer, coming out, can make the kart feel loose

I'm assuming you rescaled

What about the corner weights after changing the camber. 3.75 change in camber will change your weights by quite a bit.

What about the rear stagger?

What about the track, any descriptions. Centerfield width, length? Any breaking going in? Trail breaking, what it's called, can make you think there's a push. Oversteer, coming out, can make the kart feel loose
the track is ... 1/12th of a mile track... no breaking 99% of the time, but i do lift for one second approx. rear stagger is 2 1/4 front has maybe a half inch stagger... i hate to admit this but my kart doesn't seem to run with big front stagger sometimes reverse stagger works better.

Last edited:
Back