Question

Didn’t even think of that, and would I evenly distribute the washers as well?
LF washers in the middle, RF 2 more washers on top vs the LS.
Also with tires mounted on the kart, move all tires in as close as they will go, except for the LR.
RR takes a little work to get set, if the hub isn't double clamping type, put a lock collar against the back side.

LF washers in the middle, RF 2 more washers on top vs the LS.
Also with tires mounted on the kart, move all tires in as close as they will go, except for the LR.
RR takes a little work to get set, if the hub isn't double clamping type, put a lock collar against the back side.
Little confused about washers in the middle as it would be only top and bottom? I’ll go out and take a pic once I get my daughter to sleep

He means to center the spindle, with equal amounts of washers top and bottom on the LF, then equalize the RF, then move two washers to the top of the spindle compared to the LF.

He means to center the spindle, with equal amounts of washers top and bottom on the LF, then equalize the RF, then move two washers to the top of the spindle compared to the LF.
Perfect, thankyou. After being home with the kids all day something’s/most things go right over my head

This is definitely cut, right? Any idea why they would cut it? Right side support for front spindle bracket

Attachments

• D38F73CD-ECD4-47A2-8D1F-8AE6D0A91E7A.jpeg
    D38F73CD-ECD4-47A2-8D1F-8AE6D0A91E7A.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 68
This is definitely cut, right? Any idea why they would cut it? Right side support for front spindle bracket
Someone added that after the fact and they shouldnt have.

My guess, it took a hit to the RF at some point and bent he plate, so they added that to re-inforce it. But its a critical area for flex and weight transfer, so i would cut it out

Like JPM said, definitely not factory. His assessment is about as accurate as one could imagine. Does that cut only go through the support they added, or into the main tube of the chassis?

Like JPM said, definitely not factory. His assessment is about as accurate as one could imagine. Does that cut only go through the support they added, or into the main tube of the chassis?
Just through the support luckily. I’ll chop it out later today, glad I asked because I thought It was stock but also thought it was odd it was only on one side.

Someone added that after the fact and they shouldnt have.

My guess, it took a hit to the RF at some point and bent he plate, so they added that to re-inforce it. But its a critical area for flex and weight transfer, so i would cut it out
Thank you!!! I appreciate it. Is there a good way to tell if it is tweaked?

Thank you!!! I appreciate it. Is there a good way to tell if it is tweaked?
Check the powder coat for cracks on welds. Theoretically any significant torquing on the chassis should show on the welds. I would also check the axle and spindles, since those are often problem areas with older stuff. I'm not as versed in these as a lot of guys on here I'm sure you can get some more help. If your BRAND new and trying to race I would highly recommend getting with someone with experience to make sure you've got everything somewhat correct. IDK where you are from but best would prolly be a kart shop (preferably a UM dealer) or good tire guy. A few things set wrong on the chassis can put you way behind (ask me how I know lol).

Check the powder coat for cracks on welds. Theoretically any significant torquing on the chassis should show on the welds. I would also check the axle and spindles, since those are often problem areas with older stuff. I'm not as versed in these as a lot of guys on here I'm sure you can get some more help. If your BRAND new and trying to race I would highly recommend getting with someone with experience to make sure you've got everything somewhat correct. IDK where you are from but best would prolly be a kart shop (preferably a UM dealer) or good tire guy. A few things set wrong on the chassis can put you way behind (ask me how I know lol).
Thank you! I didn’t see any cracks or anything but also it was rough and had been painted a few times with bubble gum welds all over. I’m not sure if I’ll end up getting into actually racing just due to $, but I’d like to have it all squared away as if I was just incase something ever changes. I’m from Vermont so don’t know of many guys close to me but Lebanon alley would most likely be the closest speedway

Also in one pic looks like the brake master cylinder bracket has been cut off and relocated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230324-171758_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230324-171758_Samsung Internet.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230324_170613.jpg
    20230324_170613.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 28
Back